Manager

More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
10422.9
KX2S Rating: 2019-06-08
Worked fine for 6 years then poof Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I own a Tripp Lite PR-25 power supply.Just before a contest I turned it on and it blew a fuse. I replaced the fuse and it still blew on power up. Tested and confirmed the transformer and bridge were fine. I tried finding a schematic for the unit and came to find none exists. What a crappy company not to publish information on repairing the unit.I do not recommend this product as company support does not exist.
N8AUC Rating: 2018-08-27
PR-10b Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I got this over 20 years ago as part of a trade with another ham. It's only a 10 Amp supply, but it's been rock solid reliable for as long as I've had it.

Nice linear supply. Originally I used it for powering my FM rigs. But now I use it mainly for float charging SLA batteries, now. It's a nice
quiet linear power supply. And I've had no trouble with it since I've had it.
AI1W Rating: 2018-01-12
Garbage Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I purchased a new (never used) PR-50 from a bidding site. It worked fine for exactly two months. One day, for no apparent reason, it turned on but did not supply any DC power. I opened the case (warning: it voids the warranty instantly) and nothing smelled or looked fried. Tripp Lite customer support was unhelpful and they don't repair these units or recommend someone who could do it. Generally, the unit is poorly finished with rough edges that will be merciless with your fingers. Bottom line: I cannot recommend this product or service to a friend or anyone else.
N4YX Rating: 2017-02-09
PR25a Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have a PR25a. Used it for over 30 years successfully. However, when it finally needed service I, like many before me, received the "cold shoulder" from Tripp Lite. Now in reality the design of the PR25a is no mystery but it's amazing the company goes out of their way to not assist. Ask for a schematic & it's like asking for the Holy Grail.
W9FI Rating: 2014-12-21
Reliable, rugged Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've had a PR-20 in daily operation for over 20 years, without the slightest problem. It routinely provides 10-15 total amps to my station accessories without any voltage sags. It has no RFI, nor does it induce any hum into the surrounding equipment on its shelf. My only criticism is that occasionally it gives a mechanical hum when it's first powered up. This goes away immediately and within a couple of seconds it sits there, silent.

I'd recommend this unit to others without hesitation.
K4JPN Rating: 2014-12-21
Good Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Purchased mine 2nd hand 10 years ago,after giving up on trying to keep the rf out of my Astron 7A. I put a powerline filter on the input of the Astron 7A and ferrite filters on the output, but could not keep the rf out of it on 80 and 160 running only 10W with a good 50 ohm dummy load let alone an antenna. Bought a Tripp Lite 7A power supply and had it for 10 years, and never had a bit of problem with it. Only wish I could get a schematic and manual for it.
N0PQK Rating: 2014-04-06
PR-40 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Purchased second hand in 1996. Still working flawlessly in 2014. Never had an issue. On 24 hours a day, 365 days a year since 1996. (That is 18 years.)

Currently powering an Icom 756 Pro 2, two Icom 746's, and an Icom 7100. These radios are on all the time.

N4AEQ Rating: 2012-09-21
Great HD supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I don't know about the other models but my 10amp
version is built like a tank it's heavier and
holds 13.8v under 10a load much better than my Pyramid 14amp. I have Astron 20 & 50a, Pyramid 14 & 25 and the Tripp Lite 10a, the Pyramid 25 is ok, the 14 sucks, both the Astrons and Trip Lite are great. Reading some of the reviews the 10amp model must be one of Trip Lites better supplies.
KD7YVV Rating: 2012-05-07
Cannot Recommend Time Owned: more than 12 months.
What kind of company sells power supplies,
does not repair them, and basically tells you
to take it to a local radio shop? In other words,
Too bad, so sad, it's someone else's problem?
Tripp Lite, that's who. They don't release
schematics either. I can say I will never buy
another Tripp Lite product. Granted this PR-40b
worked well for 7 years, but I've never left it
on full time, and I'd have to say that at most
it has about 9 months to a year use.
Even though customer service was nice, I just
can't recommend anyone buy a product they don't
stand behind.

K5REZ Rating: 2012-04-02
*POOF* Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought a Tripp Lite at Belton in 2011, looked like brand new. Used it for 1 ARRL field day and then put it back in the closet. Lent it to a fellow ham - he turned it on and *POOF* - it died.

$50 for a like new, show-room clean Tripp Lite? Waste of $40. I figure I got about $10 worth of use out of it during field day. Thank goodness it didn't ruin a radio.