Manager

More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0024.5
W6WAT Rating: 2014-02-05
Fantastic!!!! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I thought it time to add an update to my previous review. The Power Supply was idle for a couple years in storage. I put it back in service about a year ago, and it's never been turned off! It's powering three rigs and doesn't miss a beat. For its initial price, it's cost me a fraction of a cent per day! This was and continues to be a remarkable value.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by W6WAT on 2002-08-07

I've owned this power supply for 8 years. I've transported it across the country time and time again to set up portable ham operations from whatever city and/or state I happen to have business in. It's been bumped, jostled, pushed, shoved, upside down, right side up, sideways, rained on, suffered through extreme temperatures and humidity. From the deep South to the Canadian cold, I powered my faithful Yaesu FT-890AT & FT-8000R, along with a couple of smaller devices, and it's never missed a beat! I did mount a small fan with an on/off switch and indicator light across the huge heat sink on the back just to keep it a little cooler. I used to power the Ham shack at home with it too, but switched to a much heavier power supply to run HF, VHF, UHF, Packet radio with DX Cluster info (24 hours a day), various lighted meters etc. I thought it too small to run so many devices continuously.

I would recommend this product without hesitation.
VE7EMT Rating: 2004-10-06
recommended Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Has served well. Bought used approx. 3 years ago.

It usually powers 3 radios(not all @ same time)
2 maxtrac mobiles & a TAD M8. No probs. Unit is on 24/7 for 2-3+ years

I did accidently fry it about 2 years ago (antenna connector shorted to back of unit) Samlex was great. Flat rate charge was about $25 and they put it back to "new" condition. Even replaced the slightly "soft" power switch w/o being asked. On the + side for me, Samlex head office was only 20 mins away.(freight would likely have been more than the repair fee if I had to pay shipping.