Manager

More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
00364.6
NC2F Rating: 2003-04-22
Typical Diamond High Quality & Performance Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Having owned the mobile NR770 before purchasing the X-200 as my base dual bander, I had become accustomed to expect the solid construction and excellent dual band performace that the Diamond offered. The X-200 did not disappoint. This antenna gets out and hears very well in all directions (omni-directional) eliminating the need for a rotator as with a beam. Yes, a beam would be more efficient and perform better with it's elements and higher gain, but the X-200 with it's 6db Gain on 2M and 8 db gain on 70cm is more than most will ever need without the added expense. I am located about 80 miles North of NYC and have no problem getting into NYC/LI repeaters with this antenna mounted on a tripod on my roof. As a matter of fact, I hit MA, Long Island, PA and NJ repeaters with ease running on the lower power settings of my Yaesu FT-8900R. There may be other dual banders in this catagory that me be slightly less expensive, but I am convinced you get alot for what you pay for with the Diamond X-200 antenna.

Other than having it mounted and running your coax, as with most fiberglass constructed antennas, make sure you run a external ground to a ground rod. These antennas can attract alot of static electricity.
VK6NET Rating: 2002-12-22
NICE ANTENNA Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
THIS IS VERY GOOD ANTENNA THAT I COME WITH.
I NORMALY USE A POGOSTICK.TILL I BOUGHT THIS
ONE RECENTLY.*WHAT* A PERFORMANCE,I CAN ACCESS
90 MILES REPETER.AS WELL 5-9 REPORT FROM 60 KM SIMPLECK, SO...RECOMEND TO ALL.AND VSWR
146 MHZ(1.1)AND 438 MHZ(1.3) AND 476 MHZ UHF AUSTRALIA CB (1.7).AND IT'S ONLY 18'FT FROM GROUND.I LOVE THIS ANTENNA.
ALL THE BEST AND 73'S
GUSTI, VK6NET
KB5ZVV Rating: 2002-11-18
Quality Antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought mine used at a Ham-fest about eight years ago. It has great performance for such a small antenna. Great repeater access and simplex performance.
VK2SID Rating: 2002-05-09
Finest dual band antenna. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have been using the antenna for very brief period but very impressed with it's assembly and performance. Assembling the antenna just took minutes and in operation performed flawlesssly. A very good looking antenna with very good performance. Distant repeaters are S9 at my QTH when the antenna is just in the balcony.
KC2GOW Rating: 2002-03-26
Great Choice! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
The X-200 is an excellant antenna for beginners and experienced hams. It is easy to set up (screw in the radials and slip the two sections of the ant. together). Works well, I run 2m/400MHz SSB and FM on the antenna. VSWR is a 1.5:1 at the most. Any questions E-mail KC2GOW@aol.com
N0YUA Rating: 2002-03-02
SO FAR SO GOOD Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A DIAMOND X-200, I AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE OWNS ONE OF THESE? I HAVEN'T REALLY HAD A CHANCE TO TEST IT YET. IT IS INSTALLED IN MY ATTIC AND I LIVE IN A RIVER VALLEY. I WILL UPDATE MY POST AFTER I GET IT GOING. ANYONE OUT THERE OWN ONE OF THESE AND WHAT KIND OF LUCK ARE YOU HAVING WITH YOUR'S?