Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : ICOM PS85
Reviews: 6MSRP: ?
Description:
Switch mode power supply unit.
Product is in production
More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0063.3
W8KMA Rating: 2017-05-21
Solid Built!! Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
No problems!! The fan keeps it cool, never runs hot!! It runs a IC-746 very nicely!!

I don't see any noise on HF so maybe this is a newer one that is modified?? The fan could be a little quieter, but it does a nice job keeping things from burning up!! I'd rather have more fan than not, so no complaints!! Built like a tank!!
VK5FDMR Rating: 2007-03-15
No problems so far Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Hi everyone,

I have owned my Icom PS-85 for many years and touch wood I have never had any problems with my unit. I use it to power my Icom 751A. It does this with ease and has never missed a beat. If you could find one on the second hand market, I would recomend one for sure.

Best 73 de Dave VK5FDMR
KI4NX Rating: 2006-01-30
Good Supply Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I brought the PS-85 used. When received, I made the MODS.DK mods and it's been working fine every since. I use it with my 706Mk2g and 7000 with no problems. Great size and match to the other ICOMs I own.
VE4MM Rating: 2004-01-14
No Problem Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Used it with my ICOM 718 and 706MKIIG.
SM0SSJ Rating: 2002-12-28
Buy something else Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use the PS-85 together wit my IC706 and i like the low weight, but it gives a lot of spurious emission on all hf-bands. Buy some other PS instead of the PS-85.
VK4LL Rating: 2002-06-09
Dont bother! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I ordered a PS85 together with an IC746 from a local ICOM authorized dealer and big was my surprise to find such a poor product. If you like hum and spurious emissions all over the HF bands, go ahead and buy the PSU,,,,hmmmm A phone call to ICOM Australia, they told me not to bother with the supply as it was not made by ICOM, mearly relabeled. It is only suggested for VHF/UHF operations. My suggestion: Dont bother at all. I have seen much better switch mode supplies with hardly no emissions even on 160m, so shame on you ICOM....! By the way the IC746 is great.