Manager

More Info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/ps/DM-340/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
00444.6
SP9WPN Rating: 2019-01-17
Electrically good, but couldn't stand the humming Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Apparently Alinco restarted production of this top-shelf PSU. I've bought one from latest batches as a long-term part of the shack. I can't complain for the electric properties - everything worked fine during short tests I've made. But the constant 50Hz humming, irrespective of the load was too annoying for me. I've check with supplier, all units available in their stock hummed more or less the same. I've finally decided to exchange it for GSV-3000, which has a silent transformer.

If you like humming or can ignore it - it's a fine built PSU.
KE4AMQ Rating: 2017-07-28
great supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
i have had this supply for several years paid 100 dollars at the orlando hamfest works great i am very happy with it
WA6EJO Rating: 2017-03-10
Happy with my DM-340MV Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Have had mine for several years. It’s the main power supply in my shack powering several rigs. It has always performed flawlessly. No switcher noise from this linear power supply and no unreliable Power Pole connectors. I like the cigarette lighter outlet. Fan noise is reasonable and it only comes on when needed. Only improvement would be digital metering.
KA5DJS Rating: 2016-06-08
Very Very Dis-Appointed Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I am writing this review on my experiences with the Alinco DM-340MVT. When I purchased this unit I was under the understanding that it had a two year warranty which I now find out is poo poo. In fairness I will say that the unit has s performed well up to this point. But it is a power supply so I expected it to go much longer. However last Saturday morning while on vacation and looking for a little radio time and fun noticed that the supply was running hot and the fan was not kicking in. So I turned off the unit, disconnected my radio from it. Turned it back on and it popped the 10 amp fuse. I replaced the fuse with a 10 amp fuse tried it again and this time something inside the supply fried. I contacted the Alinco support team and I was given costs to fix the supply. I thought it had a warranty on it and when this was questioned, I was told that Alinco discontinued that model 4 years ago. Really but when I purchased the unit I was told it had a warranty. After thinking about this for a few days, I have now sold my Alinco DX-SR9. I have ordered in a different and more reliable brand radio equipment and a new power supply unit that is a highly rated unit. Radio Amateurs new and old need reliable products for the pursuit of this hobby since we have to fork out all costs. I have decided now to fix the power supply on my own. And if I run into too many difficulties I will simply scrap the inside of the supply and make an antenna tuner out of the box for 6 meters. Will I buy another Alinco product? NO WAY! Buyer beware!
VA3DTP Rating: 2015-11-19
Nice Unit Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I purchased my Alinco DM-340MV Power Supply as a used unit over a year ago. Unit is in mint condition . Works great, fan is very quite, never had any issues with it. The only minor complaint I have is the two meters were not back lit, but I added my own 12VDC LED lite, tied on parallel with plug in socket.
KOBOL Rating: 2015-01-05
1 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Chinese and poor quality product firmed by Alinco. It is the same power supply like QJE.
Very loud and buzzing transformer.
KQ4KK Rating: 2014-10-27
Great supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Had one for over 7 years. Lightning took it out. Ordered another one. Fan was bad. Sent it back. ALINCO is not making them anymore. They say they are on their site. But all the dealers say it has been discontinued.

Bought a MFJ 4035MV. Front looks like the same layout. Opened up (of course) and the inside is the SAME as the ALINCO, except it has a 2 prong plug instead of 3. Bob Heil would be happy.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by KQ4KK on 2008-02-04

I've had 2 ASTRON RM-35's in the past 15 years. Both have died. Yea, know they should not have.

So, I went the ALINCO route. Looks a lot better than the ASTRON. I like the terminals on the front, the cig lighter plug, and the extra termials also. Nice to have a way to adjust the voltage from the front too.

Have a ICOM 229H, PK-232, ICOM 910, and a ICOM 756Pro all running at the same time, seems to take the load fine.

Have not found any birdies or noise.

Having the extra connectors on the front is great. ASTRON should update to the 21st century.
K6MTS Rating: 2014-07-03
Reliable and quiet Time Owned: more than 12 months.
No problems/noise for 2 years, although its now my backup as upgraded to larger Astron unit. Not too large, very quiet.
WV2M Rating: 2014-03-11
Solved RFI Problem Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I purchased this supply as a replacement for an MFJ-4245 switching power supply. The MFJ was causing interference to my garage door remotes. A linear power supply would not have that problem since they do not generate RF noise as switchers do. I set about to find a good one. I selected the Alinco DM-340MVT after researching reviews and specs. It was a bear locating a new one as they do not export to the USA anymore but I was able to find one by extensive search engine use.

The power supply works great! No RF interference or noise, excellent regulation, runs cool (unlike some cheap linears that run very hot) and very quiet. My only disappointment was that the meters were not illuminated. I did find a mod for that by AE1S (http://blog.kotarak.net/2010/07/alinco-dm-340mvt-meter-illumination.html). I now have an illuminated Alinco DM-340MVT!

KF4FVG Rating: 2014-01-25
Been a solid performer for 14 years. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I got my DM340MV in January of 2000 and it has never failed me yet and runs quite. I would buy another Alinco if I needed one.