Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Ten Tec 937
Reviews: 5MSRP: 89
Description:
11 amp switching power supply.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.tentec.com/HFaccyStore.htm
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
KE6PID Rating: 2008-01-31
It's Linear! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Smaller supply, 11 Amps maximum. No hash because this is a Linear Supply. Perfect match for an Argo or 6N2 (526). It's been on 24/7 for several years now; no problems, it runs my 526 as well as an LCD computer monitor - it's quiet, no noise, convection cooled, no fan. RF seems to have no effect on it what so ever.
W5DJA Rating: 2007-12-24
Great Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have used it to power my Argo V at 20watts on SSB, digital modes and CW. No problems what so ever.
W2RDD Rating: 2006-08-26
Fine PS when used to specs Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
The other reviews are spot on. This is a power supply for low power. That is, zero to twenty watts or so. I use it with my Argonaut V and SG-2020. Both rigs 20 watts maximum. Isn't noisy and so far has been reliable. On the heavy side when compared to my smaller Astron supply, so it isn't a PS to lug around for portable ops. The Astron with equal specs better for that. And the Astron easily switched between 110/220v for other power sources.
KG9ML Rating: 2006-08-26
Fine for 50W or less Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've had no trouble running my Scout and a variety of QRP rigs. When I hooked up by FT100D, I couldn't figure out why I had trouble tuning up on my R7000. A friend pointed out to me the problem - this supply is only 11 amps! Indeed, a voltmeter showed a 2 volt drop and a wattmeter showed only 50W out, despite the FT100D setting at 100W. When I dialed the FT100D down to 5W, no problem - negligible voltage drop. So, just a friendly reminder - don't use this supply for conventional 100W rigs.
KU4QD Rating: 2002-10-19
No RF hash, solid unit Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
The Ten Tec 937 is an 11 amp switching power supply. It's been sold as the matching power supply for the Scout, Argonaut V, and 6N2. It's basically a plain black box, a switch on the front, terminals on the back to connect bare wires. It's a basic, simple, supply that seems to be very solidly built.

I have used this supply with both Ten Tec and other radios, on HF, VHF, and UHF. I have found no discernable RF hash, which is often the problem with switching supplies.

It's a bit heavier than the comparable Samlex supply, which is the only nit I can find to pick. On the plus side, it's built in the USA.