Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Samlex BBM-12100 Battery Backup Module
Reviews: 2MSRP: 50-70 ish
Description:
This unit is a solid-state device which allows un-interrupted DC power in association with a power supply and a battery. The transfer of load between the power supply and the battery is instantaneous.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.samlexamerica.com/bbm12100.htm
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
N1OFJ Rating: 2003-12-17
Fine Product Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I installed one on a voting receiver for a 440 repeater system. I tested this item extensively and the product operated flawlessly. During a recent power outage when the cabinet was active, the switch to battery backup was undetectable during a radio transmission. I would highly recommend this product and will be installing this item at remaining radio sites.
KB1IIW Rating: 2003-01-09
Nice addition to my ps Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Why buy a charger and deal with swapping connections when the power goes out? This device turns your 12v supply and backup battery into a UNINTRUPTED power source. I had to get mine directly from the manufacture in Canada (kind of a pain). I cannot remember the price I paid, But I’m sure when they get the attention they deserve they will become more readily available and more competitively priced. You can build your own very easily as well if you don’t want to spend the money on the fine craftsmanship. Take a look @ the manual here http://hamscan.org/bbm-12100.pdf (nice circuit layout at the end of the manual)