Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Radio Shack 25 AMP PWR SUPPLY
Reviews: 7MSRP: $ 60 SALE
Description:
13.8 Volt 25 AMP swithing Pwr supply. Looks like SEC 1223 in every detail.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.radioshack.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
WZ1P Rating: 2010-12-26
OK so far. Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I picked one up on a close out for $40.00. It seems to work just fine with my IC-7000. It has a bit af a fan noise but I work with headphones so it's no problem. I use this when I'm away from home so I don't have to lug the Astron 35M with me. It would be nice if they were still available from that store that actually was a 'radio shack'.
K1CJS Rating: 2009-08-22
Good little supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I also got mine on sale--$60.00. I have nothing but praise for it, quiet, efficient and well made. Samlex did a good job on some, but I've heard they did a lousy job on others of this model. I kind of get the impression that these went on sale because there were too many that got by quality control that weren't up to standards. The one I got, was.
W4RIG Rating: 2007-08-13
Quality improved and quiet Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This 13.8 v switching power supply is a reliable source of DC power for portable operation. No noticable birdies on HF and very quiet fan - this seems to have been upgraded since older reviews of this item. It is lightweight and easy to use - can be tapped by wire or bananna plug connectors. A good ground helps keep the birdies away.
WY5Y Rating: 2007-03-01
Great unit. I bought one when they was closing out for $60.00 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
It compares to my Astron . The fan take a bit of getting use to.
KC4IVG Rating: 2007-02-28
Great! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I bought a pair for an Icom Ic-718 and a Yaesu Ft-857D and both have been fantastic so far! Low fan noise and no birdies on HF anywhere I can tell!
100 watts from either rig and a lot of amtor and pactor and they dont even get warm after several hours of operation.

I got a deal at 70$ each since my son works for Radio Shack.

Made by Samlex! I like em!
XE1UFO Rating: 2006-09-30
RE: A GREAT SUPPLY! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently purchased this one to replace my large desktop supply. I wanted a smaller unit that would travel easily. This one is fantastic! Very light-weight, runs quietly, about the same size as my Icom 706. I also used it for a while with my Icom IC-M700 marine rig, which has a solid 150 watts on SSB, and no problems!

My 706 and this supply easily fit in a laptop case, along with MFJ´s Travel Tuner and a travelling homemade doublet.

I am planning to get a second one in a few weeks.
KE5GFJ Rating: 2006-07-05
Good little power supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently bought the Radio Shack 25 Amp supply for a last minute trip to a cabin in New Mexico.
I used it to power a Yaesu FT857D. The unit worked perfectly. The fan runs all the time but it is not too loud. I would rather hear a little fan and know it is cooling thant not hear anything and have it over heat. The unit is small, light and simple. In researching, I found that some of the other "big name" power supplies come from the same manufacturer as this one.