Manager

More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
00254.6
KW4RI Rating: 2019-04-07
Great power supply, a little fan noise Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Great power supply and agree about no meter lights, so added my own. Very simple.
KB5CEJ Rating: 2019-04-07
I'm happy Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Looking for a new power supply can be a grueling process, with lot's of time spent comparing the pro's and con's of each one.

My decision to buy this one was based on reviews from various sources, including eham. I've had some issues in the past with switching power supplies, so I went old school.

I consider this purchase as money well spent.

Yes, I too wish the meters were lit, but, as for the fan noise others have experienced, mine is pretty darn quiet (very slight noise made when it's powered off & nothing compared to the fan in my TS-2000). I'm happy with my purchase.
AG8GT Rating: 2019-01-22
Very Good Unit Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have owned the same FP1030 for about 25years,The same time I bought one of the first FT920's. Never a single problem. Its very quite too. No RFI. Top notch in my book. WG8AR
W9RAC Rating: 2018-07-06
Great power supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have two of these and a few other brands also. Great product, last one you will ever buy.
K6USN Rating: 2017-07-12
One perplexing problem Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This is my second FP 1030A in 4 years. I bought it based on the good track record with my original one.
It's a five in performance.
The problem is the loud whine or 'siren' sound as the fan winds down. Sent the first one back to HRO and the second one they sent does the same thing. My 4 year old FP1030A does not do this.

There is no mention of the fan whine in the instruction sheet but it is well documented in e Ham as well as U Tube. It does not seem to
be effecting performance or durability but is annoying. Also, Yaesu should mention it in the instruction sheet. I suspect its random in the production run and I just got un-lucky twice. I am keeping it because I like my first one so much.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by K6USN on 2013-12-13

I've tried all the switching power supplies, and most had noise issues of some sort. I still do use one with my K3 for portable work due to the light weight.

Yaesu has been making the FP1030 for more than a decade. It gets good reviews on e Ham. Thought I'd give it a try for the shack where weight is not so important.

It meets my expectations. I can't find any trace of birdies or hash, and the output is a rock solid
13.8 v. Looks good and the light gray color matches my radios.

My nit picks are minor:
-Lack of lighted meters
-Non-removable AC power cord.

I recommend this power supply. It should last a long time.

5B4AJG Rating: 2017-01-18
Built to last.....and last! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Have had mine from new, it was a freebee when I bought a new FT-847, that must be getting on for twenty years!!!!
I opened it up for the FIRST time to fit Anderson Powerpoles about a year ago, still looked like new inside. FT-847 went years ago, it's now powering my IC-7300 with total ease. This is the longest piece of ham radio kit I've owned without the need to upgrade. Not sure what that says, you decide!
KF2CF Rating: 2017-01-02
The First one is so good, I bought a second Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have used an FP-1030A with my FT950 for nearly five years without a hitch or problem of any kind. This is a rock-steady power supply. I needed to replace a 12 volt power supply that I used with my 2M rig because of a hash issue. After reading reviews on a lot of commercially available power supplies, I became discouraged since most of them had some type of negative comments. The FP1030A was the exception and had very, very few. Not wanting a switcher, I bought another FP1030A.
KG5ABW Rating: 2016-09-23
KG5ABW Time Owned: more than 12 months.
A REAL TROOPER ! had over 2 years and it has never missed a lick!
KM4CQG Rating: 2016-09-21
Digital station Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Waited 3 years before writing this review.

Failure rate is 0 no hash the Power supply produces no noise. I can run my Flex 6700 from 3 separate power sources Solar or DC or the FP-1030a all show the same no noise footprint.

The 3 different terminals are a plus for making connections.

Improvements that could be made as others have mentioned the Meters could use some back lighting.

Ian
KM4CQG
W3ON Rating: 2016-04-20
Works Great-BUT Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Hi. So far, the FP1030a is working very well. I have several complaints all that can easily be fixed.
1) No rear meter illumination.
2) The main DC power terminals are, I think, metric in size. Thus RING terminals cannot be installed unless one wants to force the knobs off. I eventually ended up by purchasing some STAK-ON
Part # 18353, 12-10 GA, 1/4 inch Fork Tongue insulated electrical terminals, from a local electrical parts company. That did the trick.
Other than that all is working ok.