Manager

Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production
    More Info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/
    # last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
    2057655
    KE0UKS Rating: 2019-05-14
    No License to Extra License in 95 days! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.

I am 69 and have no electronics education or hands on electronics experience.
    I first bought a Technical Exam Study guide in 2008 but I never succeeded in getting beyond the first few chapters in self study. I would soon just set the book aside.
    Eleven years later as one of my 2019 New Year’s Resolutions, I declared I was going to finally get my Technician License in 2019.

As I was yet again purchasing a copy of the current edition of a Technician Exam Study book, I also saw the online learning solution offered by Ham Test Online (HTO).
    I decided to buy that too, as my past experience indicated that the traditional book method of studying was not working for me.
    To my tremendous surprise, engaging HTO turned out to be the answer to my decades long amateur radio license learning dilemma!

Here below is my detailed personal journal record of my very positive experience with the HTO method of learning:

As HTO suggested, at the very outset, I found a future VE Exam test location and test date that would match my projected study completion date. I focused to adhere to a continuous daily study schedule of one hour a day of study until I took the exam.
    I chose to study for each license exam individually in sequence, one after another.
    A) Technician License- Total question pool is 423 questions. Exam 35 questions
    I studied one hour a day from Jan 20, 2019 -Feb 2, 2019, a total of 13 actual study days and 13.3 hours of study.
    Result: I took the exam effortlessly on Feb 2,2019 with a score of 34/35. Yes effortlessly! The exam was that proverbial piece of cake! I went on immediately to work on the General License Exam.
    B) General License-Total question pool is 462 questions. Exam 35 questions
    I studied about one hour a day from Feb 3, 2019 to March 2, 2019 a total of 27 actual study days and 24 study hours.
    Result: I took the General Exam on March 2, 2019 with a score of 33/35. I was again quite at ease with the questions. In fact, as I looked at most of the questions, the right answer was almost always already in my heard before I even read the answer choices! I felt this just like preparing and taking the Technician Exam!
    And in one very important way it is, as the question base for the General Exam is almost exactly the same size as the Technician Exam.
    After the General Exam I intended to stop, but 22 days after my successful General Exam I decided to go forward for the Extra.
    I decided to do this as I was already in amateur radio license study mode, and the Extra exam does incorporate cumulative learning from the earlier exams. I realized the longer I waited the more I would forget what was still somewhat fresh in my mind from the previous two consecutive exam study periods. And so …,
    C) Extra License - Total Question pool is 712 Questions. Exam 50 questions
    I studied a little over one hour a day for from March 22, 2019 to April 25, 2019 a total of 30 actual study days and 34 study hours. On April 25, 2019 I passed the Extra Exam with 38/50.
    In retrospect I think that although I passed the Extra Exam, what prevented me from getting a much higher score was the fact that I waited almost a month before resuming study, and the Extra question pool is about 35% larger then the Technician and General Question pools, and lastly that I drew a Extra test booklet that was all questions and no graphics. I was fully prepared to answer any of the Extra Exam graphic questions but there were none for me to answer!

In closing I again very strongly feel Ham Test Online Exam Preparation training is 100% effective! All you have to do is consistently study an hour a day.
    Indeed I went from no license to Extra License in 95 days - and that 95 days includes the 22 days I did nothing!

Mark Bayuk, KE0UKS
    KB1FYF Rating: 2019-05-03
    Excellent Product for the Time Crunched Student Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    When I am learning about a topic or subject, especially to take a test for certification, I have to do that learning in stages, during times I can make in my very hectic schedule. This program is perfectly tailored to this type of learning as it both picks up where you left off, and throws some refresher lessons and questions at you - some you got correct previously, some you missed. I only intended on getting the General license, but with this program felt confident enough to go for Extra too. I had an upcoming travel commitment that would prevent me from testing for quite a while, so I crammed and was prepared to received not so great scores as I'd rushed the program. However, I did well on both exams, and have licenses for both, completely due to the quality of the Hamtestonline.com program. I highly recommend it.
    W3DLB Rating: 2019-04-27
    Great Help!!! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    I used HamTestOnline to get my General several years ago. So, I returned to study for my Extra test and passed it today!!!! I am dyslexic and have a hard time remembering numbers and equations. The structure of study offered in this program made it possible for me to learn and pass my test!!!!
    THANKS!!!!!
    W3DLB/AE
    W4AEG Rating: 2019-04-20
    The best Time Owned: more than 12 months.
    Incredible software that is intuitive in that it learns and drills you on your deficiencies. John, the developer is a great guy and is so helpful. Passed my General and Extra today with flying colors. Well worth the price, though some have complained about to cost, I think it is an absolute steal.
    KJ7BFQ Rating: 2019-04-12
    Only way I passed Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    I bought a book and began studying for both my General and Extra exams. When I started the General, the book was good, but i wasn't retaining the information well. After I started HamTestOnline, they began drilling me on the questions, concentrating on areas I had trouble with. When I finally took my exam (1 month study with HamTestOnline) I passed 100%.
    My Extra was even harder. With the book I was really struggling. It explained things well, but i wasn't retaining it. When I started with HTO, they again started working with areas I had trouble with. With both exams, I used both the Study and Practice exams. I finished my Extra test with and 88%
    K7VIQ Rating: 2019-03-31
    Costs but works great Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    I used both HamStudy.org and HamTestOnline.com to pass my exam for Amatuer Extra and feel they both helped.
    I liked HamStudy.org for its simplicity to get me started with its unconfusing interface and more basic answers. HamStudy.org built my confidence to continue forward with getting 79% OVERALL APTITUDE and on there practice test I got 88%. In thanks I contributed by buying a Signal Antenna from their store. I learned a few memory aids there and gained confidence that I continued to use going forward.
    I also used HamTestOnine and here I learned with its more in depth material placing it deeper in my memory for test day. The site has much more going on and has a more complex menu system that I found initially distracting while learning. However as I got more familiar and got used to it I reached 98% and got 90% on their practice test.
    So, using both sites I can say that they both helped me. The former was free, simpler to use, gave me a few memory aids, and built my confidence that I could pass. The latter set the information more deeply with more detailed information and gave me even more confidence that I could not only pass but at a higher percent for a margin. I passed my test at 92% - on Mar 30, 2019.
    KX4QP Rating: 2019-03-24
    Three tests in one day, 2x2 call Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    I signed up for General only with four weeks until my testing date (no license at that time). Ran through that, signed up for Extra, ran through that, and reviewed both together for a week prior to my exam. Passed all three elements in under an hour and a half, missed four questions total (two on the Technician that I hadn't studied). Not unheard of, I know -- but I'm very happy with the result and my new 2x2 call.
    KN4BPX Rating: 2019-03-22
    Invaluable Study Tool Time Owned: more than 12 months.
    There's not a whole lot that hasn't already been said here, so I'll keep this short.

While HamTestOnline was not the only learning tool that I used for my license tests, it was certainly the most valuable (and flexible, and comprehensive) tool that I think I could have used for my exam prep. Since the proof is in the results:

Technician and General exams both passed on the same day, and on my first attempt.

Amateur Extra exam passed with a score of 98.

I'm no genius, but I did study a lot. HTO made that process about as easy as it could have been.
    KD9JTU Rating: 2019-03-15
    Outstanding study guide Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
    Lessons are clearly structured by folks that have experience in education and learning theory/practice. Topic areas have plenty of optional detail so you can chase any particular interest into the weeds if you'd like; yet at the same time the regular tract lesson plans are interesting, and well illustrated with graphics where useful. Tracking of your learning process helps to focus on weak areas...a very useful way to review things that are at first difficult. One piece of advice, do take the ARRL site practice exams once you have completed your course of study. HamTestOnline practice exams are the same material, but I did find some phrasing differences from the ARRL site so it is worth while to do both. Of course, on the ARRL site, your answers aren't tracked, so it doesn't help you to identify and then focus on weak areas. Bottom line: Highly recommend HamTestOnline as the go-to for ALL your Ham levels. Worked for me: 100% on General and then the Extra exams, first time!
    KF5VPJ Rating: 2019-03-12
    3 out of 3 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    Used Hamtestonline for all three exams. They were there when I had questions. Great to get it all done. Thanks John