Manager

Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production
    More Info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/
    # last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
    2057655
    KM6KOQ Rating: 2019-01-22
    Very Helpul Time Owned: more than 12 months.
    Great product!! Much better than the books & manuals. I've tried them but they didn't work for me. With HamTestOnline you get the material and then the associated test questions at a pace you can absorb. So you learn both the information and the test questions as you progress through the program.

I've used HamTestOnline for all 3 of my license exams. Just passed the Extra Exam after studying 1-2 hours a day for 3-4 weeks. Got a 100% on my General exam last year and an 88% on my Extra Exam.
    WD5DAW Rating: 2019-01-17
    Excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    Was a Ham back in the 70's, decided to get my ticket back. After using ARRL's Tech and General books and getting to General, a VE told me about this program. I was hesitant at first. Then made a login and purchased the Extra guide. After using it a little, found that this is the absolute best way to study for Ham tests hands down!
    ANDREWKRAWLS Rating: 2019-01-04
    The Gold Standard in Getting FCC Ham Radio Certified... Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
    I highly recommend prepping for the FCC exams with John and the folks at HamTestOnline. They've got the test preparation down to an exact science. I'm so glad I stumbled on their advertisement before reading the ARRL guides to completion. The HamTestOnline software drills novice to HAM experts on the exact topics they need to know in order to get FCC certified. Oh and let's not forget their customer service is terrific. A simple email and they quickly get back to with strategies to maximize your time or suggest based on your progress when it's time to take the exams. Thanks, John for helping me get certified. I'm forever grateful. -Andrew K. Rawls KN4RJB
    K1FNX Rating: 2018-12-31
    worked for me Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    1'st licensed in 1963, last test I took was General in 1965. Never needed anything more. Just back on low bands as last log entry was June 1978 and became frustrated by General band restrictions. I purchased the ARRL Extra Study guide which is a very complete document and a great reference but wasn't what I was looking for in quest for Extra. An Extra friend suggested Hamtestonline. I put in 21 hours of study and passed the exam with a 96% score. Purchased course on 11-21-2018 and passed test on 12-13-2018. To be fair I am a retired working design EE so all the electronics topics required minimum study time but I am 71 years old and retaining all the other information required study and repetition which HTON did for me quite nicely. I also took 15 practice exams on QRZ (to see all 715 possible questions) and backed up various topic material with the ARRL guide. This was probably overkill, but I did score 96%!

This is a good way to get your ticket and get on the air where you will gain working knowledge beyond recalling the answers to captive questions.

MP, K1FNX
    K2ADA Rating: 2018-12-19
    It WORKS! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    Signed up for the service while prepping for the Extra Exam. 19 hrs of study and passed the test! Great Service, nice responsive site. Highly Recommend!

Andy K2ADA 63 yrs old
    AG7RE Rating: 2018-12-18
    Just Do It! In 1 to 3 months you will have your Extra License! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    When I began at #7872 or whatever the number was, I knew I would never make the top ten list. I wanted to just pass the Technician test “at all” so I could get my start.

After using HTO for 3 weeks and reading about others doing the three test I realized I was wasting my time by not including the other two. Never in my wildest imaginings did I consider also making it to number one.

12-8-18 I made it to first place in the top 10 on HamTestOnline. Now here I am with two more days to study for the triple test. There is no pressure at all.

12-10-18 9:00 pm I passed all three tests. The first examiner grading my test kept saying "This is wrong, this is just completely wrong, This is crazy." The other examiners were looking over his shoulder because he was not making any red marks. Finally, he did mark two wrong and with a big grin said, "I was beginning to think you were not human." Another said "We don't get many who take all three tests at the same time. It took me 50 years to go from Technician to Extra and you have done it in 50 minutes!" If the VEs and I were 45 years younger, they would have been throwing me up in the air.

They started each person one at a time taking a test. I was toward the last to start my first test. I was trying to go as fast as I could, so I wouldn't be keeping everyone late. There was no time to re-check my answers. Those who had passed their tests began to talk with excitement. It was distracting. But that is real life. HTO had me prepared for that. I was completely calm and confident taking the test because it was just like studying with the normal distractions at home. Studying at home I had already got many questions wrong and then had to answer them many more times to get it right. And HTO has patiently explained to me exactly why each distractor is the wrong choice.

In the three test versions I took tonight there were NO calculations or references to circuits or graphics. And too bad because I am good with those.

Having studied for so many hours with HTO those few questions on the actual exam form made the test seem way too easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to take each test. It takes longer to wait your turn to start the test and to wait for your test to be scored and recorded.

12-11-18 At 7:00 am this morning the FCC posted AG7RE as my call sign. That was REALLY fast. 10 hours!
    12-12-18 I am now a Laurel Volunteer Examiner.

If you don’t have your Amateur Extra License you have to start now. Don’t stop at Technician or General. With HamTestOnline it is so easy to go all the way that you are crazy not to just go for it. You can also make it to the Top 10 Scores list. Don’t think the guys at the top can block you. That is not the way it works. You can even make it to first place. I did it and I am not going to just hang out forever at #1 because it is not about me it is about you getting here.
    The next two months are going to pass whether you do this or not. If you do you will have your amateur Extra License!
    D. Evans AG7RE
    WX2PAT Rating: 2018-12-17
    Tried the rest, found results with the best! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
    After years of reading ARRL as well as Gordon Wests books, trying several free ham radio study pages I was no closer to getting my license I retained none of the information, and was left confused.

I found hamtestonline.com and said ok one more try, if I cant, get it now I never will (I am not a stupid person and hold literally several dozen certifications and hundreds of training certificates) and after about 10 - 15 hours of study, I took my Technician test and passed 33/35.

After a few years of being a Technician, I wanted to upgrade to General, so back to hamtestonline.com I went, after studying a few hours a day for a couple of weeks I passed my General test 32/35!

This is the best method to study and learn for your ham radio license that have found. While at the VE test center, the VE's convinced me to test of Extra today too while I was at it, while I failed, they were surprised at how much I knew, on it (only failed by 3) I told them it was from hamtestonline.com

I have actually learned materials vs memorizing answers!

I used Hamtestonline.com for my Technician and then for my General and now onto extra.
    K9QCK Rating: 2018-12-13
    Extra class exam Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    After being inactive in ham radio for more than 55 years,I wanted to upgrade to extra fro general. I found HamTestOnline on the internet and decided to go that way. It turned out to be the perfect choice. It was very inexpensive and the personal help from John, w1al was invaluable. I passed the exam on 12-08-2018 missing only one guestion. I don’t dont think I could have done it without them. Phil K9qck.
    KN4SHE Rating: 2018-12-09
    Awesome Learning Tool Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
    I studied off and on for six months, whereby I passed my Technician and General Exams. I highly recommend using this program. Should I decide at a later date to go for the Extra Exam.......I'll use HamTestOnline.

Sam
    KN4SHE / JS6UAG
    KN4PWE Rating: 2018-12-08
    By far, Superior 2nd to none Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
    I started the HamTestOnline late September 18, took my Tech Exam early November. I immediately subscribed for the General Course, the next scheduled test was too close so studied each day and took my General Test 8Dec18.
    The Tech Test I went through with flying colors. The answers seemed to pop out at me. There was a slight difference on the General Test, when told I passed, a VE seated adjacent to me, leaned over and told me "You took that test and passed in 16 minutes and four seconds! I told him it was "that damned HamTestOnline by golly"!!!LOL Christmas now, little short on cash, will subscribe for extra ASAP. It really is better if you continue while it is fresh in your mind. Not bad for a 68 year old with memory problems.