Manager

Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production
    More Info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/
    # last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
    2057655
    K2RLF Rating: 2018-07-16
    Great Program Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
    I had no experience with radio or electronics but it wasn't until I retired and had a lot of time on my hands that I decided to explore amateur radio. While researching license examinations I discovered Hamtestonline and decided to give it a try. I enrolled for my Technician exam and after only two weeks of studying I passed my exam on the first try. What an excellent way to study. I immediately enrolled in the general license program and again after a month of studying I passed my test with flying colors. Why stop now!. I enrolled again for the extra license program and again after a couple of months of studying off and on I took the test and passed on the first try. I highly recommend HamTestOnline as a wonderful way to study. I had no interest or experience with radio or electronics and math was my worst class in school. If I can pass the three exams anyone can. Great Program.
    KG6TR Rating: 2018-07-15
    it works, and works well Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    When I decided I was going to finally get my license a month or two ago (only 40+ years after starting), I decided to try HamTestOnline. I started, then got busy, then finally just decided to power through it. I set a goal of taking the test a week out, and studied every night. The format is ideal for people who are busy - if you have a spare 5 min you can work through a couple questions, then go back to whatever else you have going on. At first it seems like you'll never be able to remember everything as there is a bunch of fairly arcane stuff. But exam day came and I aced it, being first to finish in the room as everything on the test I'd seen before multiple times. They asked if I wanted to take the General for free and I said sure, and almost pulled that off but just missed a few too many questions (I was frankly guessing on a lot of it).

So with Tech license in hand, I of course wanted to have HF privileges. Signed up for the General course, did another week or two of study, showed up for the exam and similarly aced it. The stuff that I was guessing on two weeks previously was firmly in my brain.

Never one to do things halfway, I decided I was going to go for Extra. I figure out when I could take the test, and about 6 days before started studying the Extra course. There is a ton of even more arcane/obscure stuff on the Extra, but when test day came I only missed 2 questions and had my Extra ticket.

I will say that the method is optimized towards memorizing with the goal of passing rather than getting a deep understanding of things. But the reality is that most of the stuff on the exam has very little relevance depending on how you plan to operate. HamTestOnline is damn-near perfect if you want to pass the test. It just works.
    K6LSM Rating: 2018-07-06
    Great Tutorial-The Best Time Owned: more than 12 months.
    I have passed all three ham licensing tests using Hamtestonline. It is an amazing program, especially if you do not have prior exposure to ham radio or electronics. Just a year ago in June of 2017, I started with the Technician course and have just completed my Extra exam. On the Technician and Extra, I missed one question. I aced the General! I am amazed, my husband is amazed, my friends are astounded! I took a breather period between each course. I recommend hamtestonline to all that I meet who are considering obtaining a radio license, or upgrading their current license!
    KE0WTC Rating: 2018-06-24
    Aced General, 90% Extra Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
    This is a great site to study for your exams. One learns the materal not just wrote memorization.

I got the free extra course. As an active VE and having a General license they offer the Extra course for free. That’s what I did.

Aced my general back in Feb after studying using their General course. Became Laurel VE. Got the free couse and easily passed my Extra in June a month after starting the couse.

Love the site. Their teaching technique matches how I learn very we,,.
    WA4VMF Rating: 2018-06-22
    This is a Outstanding Software Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
    I have passed my Extra class and with this software it made me learn the answer and understand how to get the correct answer. The adaptive learning is really great and if your on the fence about buying the software go for it and you will not regret it. You will pass your test. Good luck and enjoy Amateur Radio.
    73's
    Wyatt Walker
    WA4VMF
    kc1g Rating: 2018-06-17
    Perfect Way to Prepare Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
    Preparing for exams with vast numbers of pool questions is very difficult and a daunting task through the use of books, flashcards, etc. However, by using current technology, the learner has the advantage of automatically drilling those questions where they are weak, while further reinforcing those they already or somewhat know.

I successfully completed all three exams over a several month period and expended just over 70-hours in preparation in total. Although I do not know for certain if the outcome would have been the same without utilizing HamTestOnline, I do know that I certainly had more confidence entering the exam room. I will say that for the first two exams, I completed several sample exams after reaching the prescribed percent completion during the study portion. While preparing for the Extra exam, I decided not to take any practice exams and to rely solely on the study element.

Obviously, I am pleased with the outcome and I unwaveringly recommend HamTestOnline, particularly for those, like me, who may not always do well on examinations.

N8AVA Rating: 2018-06-17
    Exceptional! Passed General and Extra Time Owned: more than 12 months.
    This is by far the absolute best ham radio test prep side on the web. The study portions are bite sized and very easy to read and understand, with plenty of examples. The "spaced repetition" study methodology which is a proven technique for learning new languages, is implemented here, and it works superbly. On top of that the site's customer service is second to none when you have questions (or even favors to ask - they extended my subscription by a few weeks beyond expiration when I just simply asked). I passed my General and Extra using this site and cannot recommend them highly enough. An A++ for service from start to finish, and great guys and gals behind it too.
    KG5ZEL Rating: 2018-06-17
    Zero To Extra In 9 Weeks Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    I’d been thinking about getting my Amateur Operator license for years but somehow never got around to it. I finally realized that I wasn’t getting any younger (I’m 61 years old) so I decided to go for it. I set a goal for myself of not only getting my Technician license but to go all the way to Amateur Extra.
    I bought the Technician license manual from ARRL (which is a very good book by the way) and started studying. It wasn’t long before I realized this was going to take a while, but good things take time. I saw an ad in the back of the ARRL manual for the web site HamTestOnline and decided to check it out.
    After reading the information on the site and reading reviews about HamTestOnline, I subscribed to the Technician and General modules. Three weeks later, I sat for both the Technician and General exams and passed both exams with 100%. Seventy questions between the two exams and I didn’t miss a single question!
    After taking a day off from studying, I subscribed to the Amateur Extra module and started studying. Six weeks later, I tested and passed with a 96%. The last two weeks of the six was actual waiting on an exam date. So, the long and the short of it is that thanks to HamTestOnline, I went from no license to Extra in nine weeks!
    Yes, HamTestOnline is a pay site and, as many people have told me, there is a lot of free sites out on the internet. I tried several of them. Most simply had you memorizing the question pool answers. While that may work to get you past the tests, I didn’t feel like I was actually learning anything. HamTestOnline begins to explain the principles behind the questions and has links to more in-depth information so you’re not just memorizing answers.
    HamTestOnline helped me reach my goal and would highly recommend the site to anyone interested in getting their license or in upgrading their existing license. I personally don’t mind paying the subscription fees because I definitely got my money’s worth and these days, getting your money’s worth can be a rare thing.
    Before anyone asks, I have no connection with HamTestOnline other than being a satisfied subscriber!
    KC2FQ Rating: 2018-06-07
    Exactly as advertised! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    I learned a lot! Enough in fact to ACE the Extra exam and it only took about 2 weeks for an hour or two a day. I highly recommend this program.
    KN4LPD Rating: 2018-06-03
    Passed all exams now! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
    A friend had been trying to get me into ham radio for many years. I bought the study book for Tech and didn’t get far and it ran out of date. He used HTO to pass his Extra and gifted me the Tech study. I aced the Tech exam on 4/8/18. Then I bought the General study and upgraded on 4/28/18 with 29 out of 35. Bought the Extra study and upgraded on 6/2/18 with 45 out of 50! I would never have passed these exams without this great study program and I highly recommend it !