Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Icom PS-30
Reviews: 5MSRP: 900.00 Canadian
Description:
Metered (one switch between amps/volts) 13.8VDC approx 20A. Basically, a PS35 switched p/s inside a cabinet. Std 6-pin molex w/ three aux DC outputs (two pin molex) on the back. Internal fan. Power switch and pwr-on led on front, fuse and ground-lug on back.
Product is in production
More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0054.8
VR2AX Rating: 2007-01-24
Acceptble performance but some reliability issues Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Matches my IC-751AF in appearance. I generally use the transceiver with an internal PS35 power supply, essentially the same switching unit as is contained in the PS30. Load capacity of the PS30 is only marginally higher than the PS35 (20A intermittent service), and only because of better cooling in the PS30. The ON/OFF switch on my PS30 failed. Fortunately, they are still available (Fujioku HLS-112A, make sure you specify black button or you may get a white one).The current surge at start up is considerable so this is a weak point of the PS30 based on my experience.
K7MDO Rating: 2007-01-24
The power supply looks very well made and functions flawlessly. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently "won" an Icom PS-30 supply on Ebay and as any ham would do, I removed the case and inspected it before I even plugged it in. It looks very well made inside. It has of course the external meter switchable between amperes and volts, a VERY quiet internal fan and what appear to be stout terminals for the 20 ampere load of a transceiver and also 3 other ports rated for 3-4 ampere needs. I am powering my IC-718 and so far there is not a squak with running it at full rated output on CW. I imagine I will derate it a bit for RTTY. Overall, I could not be happier with it.
K6JPA Rating: 2005-10-16
Excellent! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Built like a rock and performs like a work horse. I've had three of these supplies to date and each one has worked flawlessly. Nice and solid. They are an older model of power supply, but definately built to last.
If you find a nice used one, you'll be pleased!
PY5VB Rating: 2005-06-29
Excelente Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Tenho duas IC-PS30. Uma ligada a um IC-746 e outra em um IC-737A. Essas fontes trabalham "frias", possuem ventilação forçada variando o fluxo de ar em função da temperatura interna e mesmo na ventilação máxima é extremamente silenciosa. O medidor de corrente/tensão de saída é de grande utilidade. É muito leve e de muito boa aparência, dígna de ficar sobre a bancada. O único senão é a dificuldade em se chavear para operação em 110V/220V que depende de soldas interna, porém considerando que as fontes atuais são fixas, não tiro ponto nenhum da IC-PS30. Excelente !!
VE7NTE Rating: 2004-08-21
excellent Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I found 3 of these sitting on a shelf in a store room at a place I worked. No one new why we had them and the company had no use for them so they sold them to me. I was very suprised when I found out the original price was over $900 Canadian.

I gave one to my son for his Yaesu 847 and I used one for my Icom 756 pro II and the other for whatever other radios I was playing with and to power my rigblaster etc.

In addition to the standard power cord coming out the back there are four more connectors each rated at 10 amps

They have all worked 100% and I have never experienced any noise from them.

At the original price I can understand why they appear to be rare. the three I got are the only ones I have ever seen. They do seem to be a very good supply