Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Yaesu FT-60R
Reviews: 324MSRP: TBA
Description:
A dual-bander io the same case format as the VX150!
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=111&encProdID=PUtPQg4MnJI%3D&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
143244.6
VE4AMN Rating: 2011-03-02
Solid handi Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This is an easy to use, rugged 2m/70cm rig. It has worked flawlessly for 2 years and for a basic unit you cannot go wrong.
K0BKL Rating: 2011-03-02
Working again! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My FT60R went back to working, after having contacted Yaesu.
It is working fine now, don't know why it stopped receiving and transmitting, but, it is now working normally!
Good to have it back working, but, for how long?
Good radio, when it works.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by K0BKL on 2009-10-08

AES sent a replacement radio for the one that did not receive and it works great!
Another ham in the area has one and it has worked great for him and does not understand how I got a dud the first time!
KJ6ETR Rating: 2011-02-04
Very nice radio Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Everything has been said, but I am disappointed with the battery charger that came with the unit. I've had it less that a year and the radio stopped recharging with the wall unit. I checked the output and I am only getting 1.2 v. I now have to use the car charger.
ADAM2 Rating: 2011-02-03
What a joy to use Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I can't say a whole lot that hasn't been said. Most of the time, everyone can hear my FT-60 with 59 using the orginal rubber duck, at the same time my Alinco handheld has trouble being heard with a Slim Jim.

The function keys are extremely intuitive. I learned to use it in about 20 minutes.

This is a joy to use.
PD2IW Rating: 2011-01-27
great HT Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Hi,I use the FT60 now for almost 4 years. All I can say it is a great HT. This is my second FT 60,the first one I sold in a deal with a Kenwood TS 480 transceiver. But after 2 weeks I ran to a shop to buy a new one. I missed my FT60 too much.Of course there are some negativive points but only with the additinal equipment. For exampel,the additional mic.(MH34) is crap and the rubberflap(protecting the microphone and chargingplug)is also crap. But theese are the only negative 2 points I have. For the rest a great HT,I use it with an extra long rubberwhip for biking and mountainclimbing.
I only can recommendit to everybody.
VE3MVW Rating: 2011-01-23
Good HT But With Some Quality Issues Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Overall a pretty good HT with nice audio and a lot of features for the buck.Very easy to program as well.My complaints would be that the metal piece that holds the belt clip does tend to bend if you do a lot of walking or hiking, the numbers are wearing of the keys already and the clip that holds the battery pack in is of poor quality.I also have the FBA-25A akaline battery case that required some filing around the edge where the battery clip goes over because it was very difficult to release without doing so.
KG8JF Rating: 2011-01-22
good radio Time Owned: more than 12 months.
2nd review. I have a couple of things to say. By all means get the programming software. It is a nightmare without it.

Provide some means to eliminate the radio from going off on some crazy tangent whenever a key is accidently hit. The only redeeming feature to this problem is that you can do a reset. An example of this would be where you have to push an access key to make what you want, happen
W4LCM Rating: 2011-01-22
Very Good One Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This radio is perfect for new and old Hams.
I own my third one; I sold the other two, each still in good working order.(3 and 2 years old)

1 year and 5 months without any problem.

100% Recommended

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by W4LCM on 2009-07-03

I Recomend this Radio 100%.
I have two. One 3 years old and the other 3 months old.

W0CBF Rating: 2011-01-21
Great Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
One of the benefits you get with the FT-60 is the way it feels in your hand. If you remember to past years where an HT looked and felt like an HT then you will like the FT-60. Five stars as far as I am concerned.
KJ4FGI Rating: 2011-01-19
Great HT Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Had this one for almost 4 years now and I am just replacing the Battery Pack. I use it in my car with an amp. A little over a year ago I had the Hand Mike plugged in, disconnected it from the external antenna and put it in the trunk,(no antenna) I must have accidentally turned it on and the mike laying on it's side keyed up.

I came back about a little over and hour and the radio was HOT,Very Hot, I thought I blew the finals but I didn't and the radio still works great today! I highly recommend this radio!