Manager

Review Summary For : ICOM IC-756 Pro III
Reviews: 225MSRP: 2700
Description:
IC-756 PRO III HF/50MHz All Mode Transceiver
Product is not in production
More Info: http:// http://www.icomamerica.com/products/amateur/756proIII/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
152254.8
W8NIC Rating: 2017-01-17
One of The Best!!!! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Every now and then a radio manufacturer would come up with a product and just simply wipes out the competition. This is on of them. Why they discontinued it I don't know.
I will not go into details about the radio because all of us already know it's a fine piece of equipment but I will say this.
If you come across one, but it, you won't regret it.
K4DSB Rating: 2016-12-18
a performance classic..still excellent investment used Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
This famous radio I believe was the BEST in the Pro series... its dynamic range is up with todays radios. Its band scope is useful and faster than previous versions. It has few problems and great sound audio ( with the correct mic) dual VFO's 32 bit DSP and variable bandpass ... easy to learn to use. Menus are intuitive..even decodes RTTY and digital voice recorder. This is a strong DX radio and famous for many in contesting. YOU should see many in good to excellent shape for under $1500.. Its original $ was close to $2800 new so its holding value.... love this radio
VE7REN Rating: 2016-12-03
CLASSIC Time Owned: more than 12 months.
whats not to like about this radio?i bought a new pro 3 in 2009 before they ran out of stock. srtill havethe radio,and recently bought another used one in great shape.. I looked at the 7600,and feel the price difference was not justifiable.. for 1400 you get a workhorse radio that does it all.. it doesn't have all the fandango computer hookups like the "modern"rigs do in 2016/17,but these radios are solid.. I mimic all the good points mentiones in the reviews.. would I buy another? yep,if the price was right.you bet..

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by VE7REN on 2011-03-12

update to my 2009 review. have yet to find a nicer and or better rig in this category/feature/price category. unbelievably beautiful radio to use and have fun with.i mimic all the good things said about this fine radio,after 2 yrs...............
KL2EC Rating: 2016-06-13
wonderful rig! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I purchased this rig a couple of years ago just as the 7600 came out, and am still impressed with the performance. I noticed that they are borning out my choice because the used prices are still up there!
N0ODK Rating: 2016-02-07
Great radio, always works. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The ICOM IC-756PRO III has been an excellent radio for me over the years. The model was on many DXpeditions and the price of this radio still stays steady between $1800 and $1400 pending condition on several used website pages.
I use it as my main radio never having any problems with the radio. Performance, user friendly, and excellent DSP. No problem during contests. Highly recommend it.
Mike
n0odk
N0YXE Rating: 2015-08-22
Rolls Royce radio Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've had my radio for seven or eight years and would never think to sell it. I is perfect and is still like new. I am also using another Icom in another room, too. If you can purchase a good used one you will enjoy it for many years, too. It's still state-of-the-art and wonderful to use.
VE7AGW Rating: 2014-12-24
Great Radio Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I've always wanted one of the IC-756ProIII radios at least since they came out with the ProIII. And I finally found one that was a one owner and in top shape. This radio has a lot of the same feature that are found on the 7700 & 7800 series. The RX filtering system is second to none and it works like a charm. I've mated my 756ProIII with an Alpha 86 which only requires about 35 watts drive to get 1500 watts output. Thus making the radio run smoothly without much effort on transmit. The main thing I like about the radio is the DSP with the digital IF filtering system it allows you to filter out a strong signal that is right next to a weak one that you are after. Icom perfected this on the 756Pro series before putting it in the 7700 & 7800. The radio is very user friendly at least I found it that way for some it may seem over whelming at time. I gave the radio a 5 star because of the DSP and user friendliness, making it a radio that can be mastered very quickly. So far I've had nothing but a great experience using mine.
4L2M Rating: 2014-07-22
Good Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Very good transceiver, but no idea how to cancel defeat points every 100khz
K6MTS Rating: 2014-06-30
One of the best ever Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My first full size HF rig, love everything about it. Spectrum scope is a great feature, now I feel blind when using other rigs without the scope. Paid about $1600 on ebay a couple of years ago.
I may just have this one the rest of my life. Total keeper.
KB9NGX Rating: 2014-02-06
Completely satisfied. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The Radio has been in almost daily operation for eight years. And without problems. It is refined/seamless,and easy to use. And I have been able to operate under the worst of Conditions. These qualities and dependability allow me to appreciate the Hobby.