Manager

Description:
# 13.8 VDC
# 45 Amp Surge
# 40 Amp Continuous
# Light Weight, only 8.8 lbs!
# Compact, only 8 7/8" x 4 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtps45.shtml
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
00164.1
K4RKY Rating: 2017-01-27
Awesome Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought this PS in 2008 and it rarely gets turned off. It has been as dependable as you could hope for. The meter bulbs finally went out but was not a concern but recently I decided to replace them. I called Jetstream and the rep was extremely helpful and to my amazement the bulbs are being shipped (free of charge)! These folks deserve the 5 stars they get. And the PS? You won't find a quieter one on the market.
N7SOC Rating: 2016-07-19
very good p/s Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
have had mine for about a month now... turn it on and off all the time...have gotten clean reports on vhf and hf. no hum on receive..
power output in right on 13.8v at the detent of the voltage knob. love the single double-wide meter display showing the 2 meters and the blue lighting is cool, along with other orange, red and florescent colors in the shack. so far a great value for a power supply and, at the moment, I'd buy it again.
W2NER Rating: 2016-06-09
No problems Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had it for about a year now and use it every day in my shack, its powered everything from a IC-746 to a Flex 6500 with no problems at all.
WD9RON Rating: 2013-11-22
GREAT SUPPLY Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've got 2 of these supplies and the only problem I've had with the first one was a bad lamp in the meter. Never had any problems with the other!! I've had astron's before but this is as good as them!! Get you one of these supplies and you'll love it! It handles all the amps for two meters I've got and more. This is the BEST for the price that I have found.
WK5H Rating: 2012-02-27
I'd buy another one Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought this over a year ago since I have the TS-480HX.

This power supply stays powered on pretty much 24/7, and to this date, I've had NO problems at all with it. No issues with fluctuating power, lights going out, etc. like the other reviews mention.

It has no problem handling the demands of my 200w rig, along with an LDG tuner and misc other equipment.

I'm sure just like anything, there are some that were built with faults. Just happy that I haven't seen any in this one I've bought.

I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy another one if I needed it.
WA2HMM Rating: 2011-06-26
BAD choice Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Out of the box it worked. After one month the output will not go above 11 Volts. It was purchased as the station MAIN supply. All I can do now is listen, none of the transmitters will operate at that low Voltage.

Has anybody fixed this supply, or is it destined for the dumpster?

I am going to try a Samlex unit, they seem to have better reviews.
W7DXW Rating: 2010-10-26
Update... 2nd post Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Sales at Jet Stream is sending me two replacement lamps for the supply, both of which burned out within two days of each other some 6 months into daily use of the supply for about 12 hours per day, as mentioned in my more complete review below. The Sales department received my email very kindly, and did not ask how long I owned the supply, and simply offered to send me the lamps free of charge and free of shipping charges, last week. Very kind! They also informed me that there is not any LED replacement available, nor planned. So, I will make my own LED replacements from bright white LEDs and current-limiting resistor. I'll keep the spare bulbs on hand, but don't intend to use them, since I think LEDs will be superior in every way. Still, I'm touched by Sales's responsiveness and generosity. Will order a second copy of the supply and change its bulbs on arrival with my homebrew "LED-upgrade" solution. Maybe I'll post here a URL of details on what I cook up. Don't hesitate to grab one (or SOME) of these supplies while the economy is weak, and the price is still steady. Reminds me, I should place my order. No, I don't have stock in the company... . Hi.
K2HAT Rating: 2010-09-16
works great for me Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I have had this for about 6 months now,
bought it from Radio-Oasis.com

No problems, nice to have the power lugs on the front, where I can get to them.

KB3SI Rating: 2010-03-02
So far so good Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Purchased this supply to replace an aging Astron that was starting to give me problems. Thought I would try a switching supply. This Jetsteam is very quiet with the fan barely audible. Lighted meters are a nice touch. My only complaint is that they use five way binding posts on the front of the unit instead of bolts on the back as does the Astron. Had to make up a new cable using modified banana plugs to plug into the front of the power supply.
KH2ZZ Rating: 2009-06-29
Cannot get to 13.8volts Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I purchased this powers supply not too long ago and it was okey in the beginning, but not working good right now, it wont adjust to the desired volts even if i tried to adjust the knob. I hope i can get replacement for this. please email for assistance. kh2zz@yahoo.com