Manager

Product is in production
More Info: http://www.astroncorp.com/linear.shtml
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
K1VCT Rating: 2016-10-08
GREAT! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I've Astron power supplies up to 20amps for the last 30 years at work. I needed larger capacity supply for my IC-718, and didn't hesitate to grab another Astron.

It works. The power output is clean. There is no noise or nasty RF coming out of the power supply.

It works so well, in fact, it tends to get overlooked as far as "being there" is concerned. Zero issues whatsoever.

N8FVJ Rating: 2014-11-04
Heavy Duty Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The Astron 35 series of power supplies are well designed. Linear type produce zero switching noise.

Consider the 35 series as a heavy duty 20 series for a few dollars more- no brainer. Huge power transformer, later models use stud mount rectifiers, four pass transistors & over-voltage crow bar.

What more would one want.
W4DXL Rating: 2010-03-21
What a tank! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A friend of mine had this supply on his shelf for years doing nothing. He gave it to me when my RS-20M gave up. I can't fault the RS-20M I was pushing it way too hard. Back to the RM-35A, I never expected it to work (sitting unused is not the best thing for this stuff) so I powered it up and let it run for awhile. The voltage was rock solid 13.79V and stayed that way. It's now running in the shack with 2 VHF radios on it and 2 HF rigs. I can have them all on and it still runs cool and quiet. What more could you ask?
N2FDU Rating: 2005-08-22
No problems for years! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Heavy and unwieldy, but worth the expense and effort. We've had one in service for almost 15 years powering our low power UHF repeater system. No component failures to date. If reliability is a concern, buy one of these battleships!

If you live or work in the Morristown, NJ area, feel free to work our repeater on 443.900 MHz, CTCSS 151.4 Hz. Call sign is W2UHF.