Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Diamond GSV-3000
Reviews: 23MSRP: 149.00
Description:
Diamond GSV-3000 has 30A continuous rating at 100% duty cycle, the DC output range is adjustable from 1 to 15 Volt with a maximum of 3 mVpp ripple.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_7_1.asp
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
00234.1
F6DEX Rating: 2019-02-13
15 years old Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Mine is about 15 years old running with no problem. Just recently the fuse (main side) has blown twice for no apparent reason. I changed all the caps and the bridge rectifier (using a 50a version) by precaution. I added a crowbar. I think it is now ready for a new life of 15 years... the regulation is excellent.
DL1HVO Rating: 2019-01-23
Needs a little help Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Before I take the order for a new one I ordered a 80x80mm Noctua fan for 20 €. It was the best thing I could do. Now it is quiet, cold and stable. OK, the voltage knob is really bad but it works. If you wanna buy a GSV-3000 you have to buy a fan from Noctua, NOCTUA NF-A8 FLX for this power supply.
LY1O Rating: 2018-05-28
Not reliable power supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Poor power supply.
1. I replaced the diode bridge rectifier. When I burned again, I made modifications - I connected two diode bridge rectifiers in parallel, for now it works. Only why the producer did not do it?
2. Cooler walked at high speed all the time and created noise. The cooler speed control system did not work. I had to fix it.
Now it works without tails, quietly and efficiently. I am using current up to 23A.
G3VIR Rating: 2016-05-14
Very nice linear PSU Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
After having one of those standard PSU's that you see under many different brand names which tend to go pop and fedup with repairs I decided to go for the Yaesu recommended one.
This is a very nicely finished unit. My only adverse comment is that the voltage control knob is very flimsy. Not too much of a problem as you set it to the click and leave it. I don't see why they bothered to put an automotive power plug on it. Does someone actually use it? Mine is the European version so says it is 25 Amp to CE Protocol. Not sure what happens if you try to draw more than that. Overall a nice looking unit and very functional.
EI4DQ Rating: 2015-12-19
rubbish Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
main rectifier keeps blowing, i have now replaced the rectifier about 5 times, 25amp? (NO WAY ) more like 15amps,Was using it on a ic7600 i would not buy another diamond power supply (its rubbish!)

TOM EI4DQ
DL1MEV Rating: 2015-05-21
Good value for money Time Owned: more than 12 months.
For the price of about 100€ the price-performance-ratio is o.k. Without a properly filled junk-box homebrewing a linear psu is much more expensive. The 34A -rating is just bogus in my humble opinion. 20A are more realistic considering the heatsink.

I have two of them one for the K3 and the other one for the IC-821. No problems occurred until now.

The quality of the components is adequate. Sure the voltage-setting-pot is a bit flimsy but it is not to be touched often. A Beckman- Helipot can not be expected.

The transformer and the fan are a bit noisy, so the rating is 4.
EA2DPO Rating: 2014-07-18
Great product. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have a GSV-3000 for about 5 years and works like the first day. It has been working without problems with a FT 707, FT 857 and TS 590 and various accessories, vhf/uhf and CB27(10m) transceivers.

Connect it and forget it !! Is a topic but is a truth.

For me is a very good PSU

73, Felix
G7ENQ Rating: 2014-01-23
An impressive PSU.. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Having looked at switched mode PSU's and read so many horror stories about audio and RF noise, I decided to stick with the good old-fashioned linear PSU. Having ordered it from Haydon Communications, they got it to me in Dublin, Ireland in 48 hours. So a good start.

In operation it is very quiet - the fan is barely noticeable and the 13.8V is rock steady. My only gripe is that the mains connector is for a European-type socket, rather than a British/Irish socket. Although a converter plug is supplied, it's only a five minute job to replace and fit the correct type.

I'm looking forward to many years service from this unit. Reading some of the negative reviews here makes me wonder did those guys buy a counterfeit. As I said in the heading - an impressive PSU.
RX3ANF Rating: 2012-02-27
Soft case Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Very soft case. May be damaged during transportation.
VR2XXZ Rating: 2011-08-14
Great power supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The GSV-3000 is a great power supply for HF radio. I have it more than 1 year for use on my TS-2000 and IC-7000 , quiet and no rf hash.