Manager

Product is in production
More Info: http://n4ats.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
AE4WG Rating: 2019-10-25
Yaesu FT-7900R volume control repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My volume control on the 7900 broke (stuck on full volume), put a feeler out on the Florida Contest Group's reflector for recommended techs and Bill's name was given by several members.
Contacted Bill, sent the radio & replacement part. Quick turn around and great service.
KX4TT Rating: 2019-10-24
Solid guy - knows his stuff!! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had Bill check out a rig that had some unusual behavior. With me present, he quickly hooked it up, checked it out, and declared it to be in good health. He refused any payment for simply checking the rig. He has excellent service equipment and knows these radios inside and out. Highly Recommended!!

73 de Lee KX4TT
KN4ZZ Rating: 2019-10-15
Great Repair Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Had problem with Kenwood TS 2000 would not transmit.
Bill did a wonderful job repairing my radio. Great work can't bragg enough on the job he did.

Tnx,
Bill
KC2QJB Rating: 2019-10-14
ALS 600 repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bill provided quick service at a reasonable price. I would not hesitate to use Bill's service again and highly recommend him to others.
KO4NR Rating: 2019-09-07
RF Board Repair Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Sent a Kenwood RF board in to have the resistor and capacitor replaced that were removed for the Inrad Roofing filter mod. Got an email from Bill telling me it was finished when I was expecting an email saying he had received it. Man that was fast service!! Must of fixed it the day he received it. Very reasonable cost as well. I hope Bill never retires!!
Bill Smith KO4NR
K5GET Rating: 2019-08-19
N4ATS excellent service K5GET Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Without hesitation, I recommend Bill Grassa (N4ATS) for outstanding service work on electronic equipment, where it be repairs or upgrades.
Bill recently worked on my Kenwood TS-870S for a digital readout problem; he fixed and returned the radio in short order; cost to repair was very reasonable and the radio has worked great since being returned.
A couple months later I sent my Alpha 91B amplifier to Bill for repair. The Amp was blowing the F3 fuse on startup; the Amp
would not power up. The problem had to do with failure in the soft startup section of the HV transformer circuit. Bill diagnosed the problem and made the needed repairs. Now it works great!
Bill and I communicated as needed by phone and text; he kept me informed as to the issues and his progress with his diagnosis. I am beyond pleased that Bill fixed my radios; he is an expert in my opinion, with over 40 years experience doing this. I checked Bill out before sending him my radios and determined him to be an honest, fair and dependable individual.
I give Bill a AAA+++ rating; don’t hesitate to use Bill (N4ATS) for your radio service needs. “73”
K0FTC Rating: 2019-08-03
Icom IC-7200 Quiet Scan Modification Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I asked Bill to perform the QRRS (Quiet Relay Receive Scan) modification on my Icom IC-7200 for its use in MARS ALE. This modification is outlined at http://hflink.com/icom/ic7200/ and one of the few places I found with a narrative expalnation is at www.m0lmk.co.uk/2013/11/09/icom-ic-7200-qrs-mod/ in which the writer states that it is "tricky" and not for the "faint hearted". Bill said he had done it before and asked me to send it to him. Within a few days he performed the mod and sent it back. I was amazed at how reasonably he charged me for the modification and shipped the radio back with additional padding beyond the factory shipping I had sent it to him in. I've been using the radio scanning MARS ALE for several days now and the modifiaction works great! Thanks Bill.
W9BIG Rating: 2019-07-30
Outstanding Service! Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I had a mirage B3030G amplifier that was stuck half way in key up mode when I turn it on. Bill provided excellent service. He made all the repairs to like new condition, It really works GREAT now. I highly recommend N4ATS for amplifier repair.Thank you for a great job Bill
AI6FK Rating: 2019-06-13
EXCELLENT Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Just received back from Bill the amplifier I purchased from eBay. All the problems associated with operation of the FANs and the degradation of receiver sensitivity were fixed and the amplifier works great now even when driven with my TS-940 (40 watts in about 500 Watts out in CW on 20mts).
It was returned very, very well packed in perfect condition via FEDEX ground.
Prior to sending it, we went over the problems and Bill assisted me in troubleshooting the linear trying to avoid sending it for repair.
Thank you Bill !
W4EZY Rating: 2019-05-31
Better Than New Time Owned: N.A.
Sent my sick Yaesu FL-7000 amp to Bill. After the repairs and ten upgrades, works better than it did new. Very well packed and arrived in perfect condition.