Manager

Product is in production
More Info: http://n4ats.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
KK4ANE Rating: 2019-05-13
Like Brand New, maybe better! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Bought a used AL 1500 with lots of goblins. Intermittent key. Turing on and off all by itself. Even a fuse blowing now and then. Took it to Bill and he gave it the old one-two and now it is like Brand New maybe even better! He was fast, informative and fair, very fair on the cost. Thanks, Bill you are wonderful.
AD5MD Rating: 2019-05-11
Excellent service Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I called Bill and discussed with him the issue I noticed on my TS-590SG. I sent it in 2 days after and he got back at me 2 days after he received it. Asked me some questions and started sending me pictures of the tcvr on his work bench. After some very close analysis He found the culprit, got back at me that He can fix it and that if I wanted to, he suggested a mod for better transceiver performance. I asked him rhe cost I'm looking at including the mod and parts ----- SAME Hourly charge and that's it + of course the return shipping via Fedex! I know that the transistor and wires/terminal/silicon compound still cost money but boy... A technician will surely charge with mark-up, not with Bill!

To top it all he was very responsive to my calls and text messages even beyond business hours.. and the best part, I had the transceiver back in my shack 10 days after ot left! Impeccable service!
K9ZE Rating: 2019-04-21
Absolutely Fantastic Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I don't do many reviews but Bill went far and beyond to help me with my recent FL-7000 purchase from an ebayer. Although I did not purchase directly from Bill, he intervened between seller and buyer and did a complete repair of unit and even picked up the ticket. Bill is a most honest, and easy to talk to person, and does exceptional work. I highly recommend Bill. Look no where else. You won't be disappointed.
K1DPM Rating: 2019-04-19
Outstanding Service! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently purchased an AS NEW Yaesu FL-2100B amplifier. Turned it on, applied power and blew up the bottom of the amp. Additionally, the relay was faulty. After some research on eham, I discovered Bill Grassa, N4ATS with a perfect 5/5 review. I decided to ship the unit to Bill for repair. Within a week of receiving the amp in FL, Bill shipped the amp back to me with a detailed explanation of his findings. Great communication during the process and now the amp works as good as it looks. I am pleased to give Bill the highest marks in his decades of knowledge, professional demeanor and fairness in pricing. Do not think twice about sending your equipment to Bill for expert service. He is the best of the best! A++++++++++++
N1UB Rating: 2019-03-04
Great service ! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I purchased an old 3 button FL-7000 from the estate of an SK. The amp had not been used in years, I had heard about Bill and his specializing in the the FL-7000. I sent the amp to him and had it back in no time, with a few things fixed that he found wrong and his list of upgrades done. Very happy with his service and very reasonable prices.
KC5MZA Rating: 2019-02-10
IC703 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A good friend recommended Bill for repairs on a seconds IC 703 in need of alignment. Folks , I can't say enough for the quality work and turn around time that I received. You won't be disappointed with the cost either. Radio works like a charm !
KM4TM Rating: 2019-01-26
Very Helpful With THP Amplifier Issue Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Contacted Bill via e-mail after experiencing an issue with my Tokyo Hy-Power HL2.5KFX solid state amplifier. He responded quickly and immediately called my attention to the frequency detect circuit board and small mini RF coax connector thereon. As it turned out, that little connector had pulled loose from the board. After simply re-connecting it, my problem was solved. Without Bill's help, I NEVER would have found this loose connector, as it was buried beneath other wiring and stuff. Bill could have handled this differently, costing me plenty. I cannot guarantee that your issue will be this painless to fix, but I certainly can recommend that you contact Bill - N4ATS!!
K3SV Rating: 2019-01-21
FT-1000D Repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Sent an email to Bill about my FT-1000 giving me a problem in the TX/Amp relay. Arranged to drop at his location at some point. Finally made it over to his place with the radio. Very clean shop and easy in/out for drop-off. Just make sure you make arrangements if dropping off. Fixed the radio in a couple of days. Nice work and reasonable price. Much better than shipping, that old rig is HEAVY.
73 Bill K3SV
NN4U Rating: 2018-12-24
Excellent, knowledgeable support Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
After retiring/returning to Amateur Radio following a 32-year absence, I learned that my Yaesu 757gx was DOA. Some research led me to the doorstep of Bill Grassa, N4ATS. The short version: Bill bench-tested the 757 at no charge and provided timely and accurate advice to include selecting an alternate radio and a proper microphone with matching dynamic range, and even got on the phone with me to help set the software menu options for various filters and settings for the Kenwood TS-870s. The result - I have consistently received excellent RST reports and in some cases, surprise at learning I am only using a dipole and transmitting "barefoot" at 100 watts. I credit all of this to Bill's knowledge and willingness to share. I will be returning to Bill for an amplifier when the time comes.
KZ5Z Rating: 2018-12-19
AL 80B repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Some time ago I damaged my AL80B while attempting to set up the Ameritron QSK adapter with a Ten Tec transceiver. I read some of the reviews here in eHam and decided to send the amp off to Bill for repair. Bill agreed to do the work and started as soon as he received the amp. Although the amp had several issues Bill quickly located all of them and had everything completed in less than a week. Turn around time was very fast and the amp works as good as it did when I got it 22 years ago. I expected good service after reading all the good reviews but the speed and quality of service and the fair and reasonable price exceeded my expectations. If you prefer to have your amp worked on by an expert, I highly recommend N4ATS.