Manager

Product is in production
More Info: http://n4ats.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
N4ION Rating: 2018-04-28
Great experience Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Thought I was having trouble with pin diode switching, called Bill and he accomodated me on a shipping issue. Sent the KPA-500 to him contacted me next day could find nothing wrong, even did a you tube video for me. Did not charge for his time, promply repacked and shipped back. Highly recommend this provider of repairs for amateur radio equipment. Much more convenient than shipping the Elecraft to California.
K3ZD Rating: 2018-04-24
The best Time Owned: N.A.
I'm fortunate to live in Central Florida because the winters are sunny and warm, Walt Disney World is an hour away and Bill N4ATS lives nearby. He previously replaced blown drivers on a Kenwood TS-570 I owned. The transistors were obsolete but he found replacements. The repair was quick and his fee was very reasonable.

Just recently I purchased a used FT-817. When a DC power connector that should have fit, didn't I realized there was a broken off piece of plug stuck in the jack. I thought I was going to have to replace the jack so I sent Bill an email. He emailed back the next day explaining how to push a needle through a small opening in the back of the jack and that did the trick. NO CHARGE! Thanks again Bill.
W8OC Rating: 2018-04-08
FTDX5000 OLED Repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
For those of you who are not yet aware, Bill will replace Yaesu FTDX5000 OLED's that have faded or developed the infamous "line" problem. Hesitant to tackle the disassembly myself, I sent the front panel (Bill's suggestion to save on shipping) and 3 replacement OLED's to N4ATS for replacement two weeks ago. It was back in a week and works perfectly. Reasonable, quick service. Thank you Bill!
N8HLH Rating: 2018-03-16
My yaesu fl 7000 amp Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Super Job Bill. N4ATS ... Super good job on the repair. Fast turn around and good price.

Again Thanks Bill

Joe N8HLH
K4IW Rating: 2018-02-28
ACOM 2000 Error Message Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Having let my Acom 2000 sit idle for several years. After powering it up, I received an error message. I called Bill and made an appointment on Saturday to deliver it myself for repair since I only live a few hours away.Bill was kind enough to carry the 93 lbs amp from my vehicle to the shop.The following Saturday I returned to pick it up. One week turn around is amazing in this day and time. He replaced a circuit board and it still wasn't 100%. Eventually, he found using a magnifying glass a resistor that was just barely soldered in from the factory that broke loose, which caused the whole problem. I was pleasantly surprised at how fair the cost of the repair was.Bill not only does fantastic work but his shop is immaculate.
KM4SEG Rating: 2018-02-21
Knowledge, Professionalism and Courtesy Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
As someone who leads a busy life, but enjoys this hobby it can be a challenge to find time to research, assemble and calibrate equipment, let alone maintenance equipment to maximize on air performance. Luckily for the latter I was referred to Bill who over the past month has aligned two radios and modified a Yaesu FL 7000 amplifier for me. When conducting business with Bill you can expect the following:
-Repairs are done in 3-5 days
-Good communication and responsiveness from drop off to pick up
-Technical support beyond pick up
-Equipment consultation
-Testing support
-Courtesy
In addition to Bill's professional qualities he displays a genuine interest in his customers and their pursuits within the hobby. Bill brings significant value to our hobby, and is a pleasure to conduct business with. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is needing radio or amplifier work done.
KE8ARL Rating: 2018-02-11
QRO Technologies HF-2000 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My QRO HF-2000 was not tuning up properly. I sent the amp to Bill and he whipped it back into shape. Also it's nice to have all the lamps working again. I live in Michigan and the amp was back in my shack in two weeks. Bill also done a great job ensuring the amp wouldn't get damaged on the return home, it was packed better than when I sent it(soft foam blocks around the controls). Bottom line is great service and reasonable price. I think I found my new tech. AAA+ Thanks again Bill de KE8ARL
KG2CU Rating: 2018-02-03
Excellent service and fair price Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Bill N4ATS checked over my Yaesu FT 817ND and had it back to me in less two than weeks from the time it left here. He even sent a video showing the testing of my rig. Bill went out of his way to answer my questions.
AE4NT Rating: 2018-02-03
Gets the Job Done -- and Quickly! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Just gave a FT-920 and a ACOM 1000 to Bill for repairs. He is local to me (within 50 miles), and having read all your reviews, I thought I would give him a try to see whether he is indeed the hidden treasure many of you have written about. I'm happy to say that he is!

Bill gets to the heart of the matter quickly, and then dives in and does professional repairs equally quickly. He communicates well throughout, and demonstrates that he cares about his work. His hourly repair rates are reasonable.

I do not hesitate to recommend N4ATS Radio & Amplifier repair!
W4DXL Rating: 2017-11-27
Nice guy fast service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bill Grassa N4ATS is the Amateur's best friend. I have a FT-950 and after explaining what happened Bill knew exactly what the problem was I shipped it to him and he fixed it in record time. With a radio of this size it actually costs more to ship it than fix it. Bill fixed it Thanksgiving week I really didn't expect to get it back so fast. It was a much better experience than sending it to Yaesu and Yaesu service is good, but Bill is exceptional! Side note before contacting Bill I talked to another popular east coast repair guy and he didn't seem interested in repairing my FT-950 saying that parts were no longer available. If I ever need equipment serviced again Bill Grassa N4ATS will be the first call I make! Thanks Bill!!!