Manager

Product is in production
More Info: http://n4ats.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
KN4RA Rating: 2016-10-02
The Command Technologies Amp Guru Time Owned: more than 12 months.
If I were able to give a "10" rating for N4ATS Repair- I would not hesitate! My Command HF-2500 had an intermittent problem and Bill (N4ATS) was determined to find it. He was very forthcoming and diligent to help me with the "Commander." Well, I am excited and happy to say that Bill went above and beyond my expectations. After hours of testing, dismantling, reassembling, and testing again- he was able to track down the issue and make the necessary "upgrade." This resolved the factory flaw and my Command HF-2500 is good as new! If you own a Command amp and have a problem- look no further. Bill has the expertise, skills, and equipment at his disposal to bring your Command amp back to life. This is a huge relief because I enjoy operating this amp. Just knowing of the professional support is even better! Thanks, Bill. It is a relief to know that honesty and determination still exists. You made my day. (submitted by WA4HKY on behalf of "Ed NC4JS")
K9IG Rating: 2016-09-02
Superb! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Sent my FTdx-5000D to Bill for all 3 OLEDs to be replaced. I shipped the radio to Bill on Aug 22, I received the radio back in great shape on Sept 1. Bill was great to work with, easy to catch via email. I'd do business with Bill again!
KD4QFT Rating: 2016-08-12
KENWOOD TS-440 SERVICE Time Owned: more than 12 months.
ANOTHER FANTASTIC SERVICE BY BILL.
THINKING OF SELLING A TRUSTY TS-440 WHICH HAD GONE A LITTLE LOW ON OUTPUT AND I THOUGHT A LITTLE DEAF, BILL AS BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE AND HE SAYS IT IS PERFECT NOW, TRIED IT AND IT WORKS AS IT SHOULD.
HE SAYS I SHOULD GET AROUND $500 FOR IT IN THE CONDITION IT IS IN.
SO OFF TO SALES SECTION,BUT WILL USE FOR A FEW DAYS FIRST
COLIN

Earlier 5-star review posted by KD4QFT on 2015-03-02

SECOND TIME USED N4ATS ONCE AGAIN VERY GOOD HONEST SERVICE THE BEST
Earlier 5-star review posted by KD4QFT on 2014-03-09

HI ALL
I HAVE HAD TWO BAD EXPERIENCES RECENTLY WITH OTHER RADIO HAMS, I WAS CONVINCED THE HOBBY WAS LOSING THE NICE HELPFUL GUYS.
I SOLD VALVES IN UK FOR TWENTY YEARS AND KNOW THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.
BUT ALL CHANGED LAST WEEK MY SUPER DUPER FT-950 MADE CLICKING NOISES AND DIED, ASSUMED THE STOCK DIODES HAD SMOKED, CONTACTED BILL SAME DAY, HE TOOK IT HOME HAD IT TWO DAYS FOUND A LOOSE RIBBON CABLE SECURED IT AND SET NOW PERFECT AGAIN.
HE WOULD NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT SO BILL AS CHANGED MY MIND NICE HELPFUL GUYS ARE STILL AROUND.
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR REPAIRS I WOULD NOW FULLY TRUST BILL, HE COULD HAVE SAID ANYTHING AND CHARGED ME FOR IT , HE DIDN;T THANKS FROM G4AZM / KD4QFT
K4XD Rating: 2016-07-30
Excellent Tokyo HY-Power Repair Time Owned: more than 12 months.
When the power output of my Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.5KFX amplifier suddenly went to zero, I thought it was going to be time to go amplifier shopping, as THP is no longer in business and I had heard no parts were available so no one was repairing them anymore.

Wrong!

Enter Bill Grassa - whose website said he works on all models of amplifiers. I took a shot and emailed Bill, and he told me to send the amplifier to him by Fedex.

I did, and soon after it arrived, Bill told me all the final power transistors were shot. When THP was still in business, the repair would have involved swapping the boards. But Bill does part-level repair, and he ordered replacement transistors from Japan. It took a couple of weeks for them to arrive, but he promptly did the repair once the parts were in hand, and sent the amp back to me by Fedex. It works flawlessly.

I thought I was I going to be out thousands for a new amp, but instead I have my THP HL-1.5KFX back in service. It's a great amp, and Bill did a great job fixing it. Highly recommended.
K2FF Rating: 2016-06-12
FTDX-5000D OLED's Repair Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Picked up a used FTDX-5000D with the known "OLED/white-line issue." Yaesu would not cover the repair(s) under their extended warranty for this known problem since I was not the original owner of the radio.

Local friend (W4II) recommended contacting Bill Grassa (N4ATS). Went to Bill's webpage where it indicated "New Service...Now Replacing OLED's In Yaesu Radios." I contacted Bill, received an estimate, and decided to go with him. Radio was shipped out on June 1st and received back on June 11th! Bill took care of ordering the OLED's from Yaesu, made the repairs, installed a narrow roofing filter (XF126CN) I had enclosed, and ran a general diagnostics on the radio to make sure there was nothing else wrong.

Bill offers constant contact via e-mail or phone and accepts multiple forms of payment (PayPal, Credit Card, etc). Thanks to W4II for the recommendation, and thanks to N4ATS for the professional service and fastest turn around on the market!
NJ7Y Rating: 2016-05-14
Repair Alinco DX-SR8 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The cw side tone monitor on my Alinco DX-SR8 was too loud for comfort when using headphones. I followed the manual, opened up the radio and noticed that the adjustment potentiometer head appeared stripped. But I tried to adjust it anyway. This resulted in no side tone audio at all. ARGH! I contacted Bill N4ATS and sent the radio to him. He installed an external pot so that I can now adjust the side tone monitor without opening up the radio and set the audio level to a comfortable level both with headphones and a speaker. Bill had the radio a couple of days and returned it ready for action. Great job! I highly recommend his service.
WZ9B Rating: 2016-04-28
Great Service Time Owned: more than 12 months.
With Bills help I was able to repair my FL7000, Thank you Bill !

Earlier 5-star review posted by WZ9B on 2009-03-03

About a year ago I bought an FL7000 from Bill Grassa. The amplifier works great. I highly recomend Bill and his service.
KA4ETV Rating: 2016-04-28
Great Guy! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I'm kind of an appliance operator doofus. This gentleman replied to a post I made on an AF issue with my Mark V. Gave me advice and steps to check and he was right! So he gets any work I need from here on out. You would be well served to give him you repair business.
K4NMR Rating: 2016-04-15
ICOM756 PRO III Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bill was recommended to me by WB2HNP.. Bill did not
dissapoint me but repaired the CIV port and brought the output power back up to the 100watts.. All this for a very reasonable price.. I would recommend Bill and his expetise to any and all.. Thank you Bill for the quick turn around as well.. Well done!! Tom Small/K4NMR
KM4PSE Rating: 2016-04-11
rf concepts amp Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
very prompt and professional service. Very impressed with the quality of work.