Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP
Reviews: 174MSRP: 450.
Description:
LP-100A Digital Vector wattmeter with complex impedance display (R+jX) / autoranging 50mW to 3KW (5 & 10KW options) / bright, fast Graphic VFD display / simultaneous display of POWER and SWR (or REF PWR) in numerical & bargraph form. Additional displays for dBm, RL, compression & calibrated field strength in dBm. Automatic band-by-band power correction with built-in frequency counter / peak hold mode / flash upgradeable firmware / serial interface / free control, monitoring and plotting software / SWR alarm / NIST traceable calibration / much more.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.telepostinc.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
N0WTS Rating: 2019-08-13
Must have with SS Amp Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Wow!!! Wow!!!. This is a must have instrument. I run a Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.2KFX 750 Watt amp with a Yaesu FT-991A. Anyone who knows this amp knows that it is very sensitive to SWR above 1.8:1. Even though the amp has great protective securities it still isn't bullet proof. With the LP-100A you can set an alarm for a particular SWR. Once it reaches that an alarm sounds. I set mine at 1.5:1 just to be even more cautious. This is a must have even if you don't use an amp. If you look at all the features the LP-100A has it certainly justifies the $$. You can look at it and instantly know the health of your antenna system. Best money I have spent on any radio equipment without a doubt.
W8NVC Rating: 2019-07-29
For the serious Amateur Time Owned: more than 12 months.
After 7 years No issues. If your serious about your station and you want the best. Lp-100A is the best meter I have owned. I am sure that Larry's more expensive units are just as good but seriously, as soon as you get it, you will see it's made with quality parts and is not just a watt meter. It is a very important instrument that every serious operator should own. The features are spot on and very usable. The SWR alarm feature is excellent.
You set it for 1.5 or 2.0 whatever you want. If your SWR alarm goes above your setting the alarm goes off and you know there is an issue. I love this feature as I run a very expensive legal limit amp, and I need to know if there is a change in my antenna. I use a wireless headset and I am away from my station a lot of times so, It has saved my station many times. So I can say it has paid for itself. It's a loud alarm that warns you to check your SWR. Not to mention the other features, a freq counter, a smith chart. True Pep and average readings, you can use it as an antenna analyzer. I would call it a SMART METER. It's a very accurate instrument. And all the features are very useful. It's second to none. Yes it's a bit pricey but, you pay for good stuff and when you buy it, It will last you no matter what radio you use. And once you own an LP-100A, nothing else will be good enough on less you buy Larry's other models. Larry is an upstanding business man and he and his company stand behind his products. He has sold many many of these meters, just ask a buddy on the radio, there is a very good chance that one of your friends own and operate an LP-100A as they are world renowned. I highly recommend all the LP products. Thanks for reading and God Bless. 73

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by W8NVC on 2014-12-11

All i can say is, the Lp-100 A is Not" just a watt meter,its an instrument for your station. If you want ease of operation, accuracy and perfection look to the LP-100A. Ive owned the lp-100 and now the Lp-100A and I will buy the Lp 500 when Larry is done with his newest work of art...
i rate it the best AAAAAA
Thanks W8NVC
VA3VMD Rating: 2019-07-06
A definite TOOL in the Shack Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Hands down a very HIGH QUALITY, ACCURATE tool that is worth every penny. Ordered, delivered and received within 1 week. Plug in and go. I didn't even have to configure my call in the device, Larry already programmed it.

If your running an amp and want to get granular on your input and output by far this is a HIGH quality product. It's not cheap, won't disappoint and in my opinion worth every $$.
K6KWX Rating: 2019-05-24
The best Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have owned the LP100A for two years now. I am not sure I would ever transmit without it (the only place I transmit without it, is in the field). Not only does it provide in a quick glance every parameter important to transmitting, but it is also an absolute top quality product. Simple to run too, calibratable to precision, easy push-button selection of the parameters needed. I wish my car dash worked like this one :-). There is not much to add when (as of this writing) there are 178 reviews, each of which is a 5.0. I am now ordering the dual-coupler option, and will update my review once in use. A shout-out to Larry Phipps (N8LP) for in-person answering any inquiry.

W9WO Rating: 2019-03-19
As Good As Everyone Says It Is!!! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Hello.
I completely agree with all of the positive comments that others have already said about the LP-100A. I bought my LP-100A with the dual coupler option in March of 2013 and it has performed superbly ever since. As much as I have good to say about the LP-100A itself, If you can believe it I have even higher praise for the man behind the product. Larry Phipps, (N8LP) supports his products like nobody I've ever seen. Anytime I've had a question or a concern Larry has responded to my email within a couple of hours. I've even seen him providing support to another person on the LP-100 group page on Christmas day 2016. Who else supports their product like that. Bottom line is this. Yes it's not the least expensive but I'm convinced there's no better available for the amateur radio operator. Do yourself a favor if you're in the market then give it a serious look. I highly recommend the LP-100A. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.
By the way I also have one of his LP-700 Digital Station Monitors. Check that one out as well. All I can say about it is WOW!! But that's for another review of it to follow in time.
Darrell W9WO
AB3ME Rating: 2019-01-02
Excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Purchased a MFJ-828 because I was trying to be frugal with my radio hobby...what a mistake!!! I returned it to HRO 4 days after I received it after going thru the calibration process several times. I immediately purchased a LP100A and received it a few days later. Double the money, but quadruple the performance. Worked correctly right out of the box. My recommendation to anyone wanting a really good watt meter to use in your station is to save your money, the wait to purchase a quality and accurate meter like the LP100A is more than worth the wait. Hats off to Larry for producing a great product!
G3YZY Rating: 2018-07-19
The design of the LP-100a in most excellent. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have owned this power meter for a couple of months and many thanks to Larry for excellent communications and quick delivery to the UK. As a retired antenna and RF consultant to UK MoD and industry I used power meters in my job on a regular basis. The design of the LP-100a in most excellent and I would have loved to have had access to one during my career! Highly recommended!
K0WA Rating: 2018-05-10
It's all true Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I've wanted one of these for years. Finally pulled the trigger. Fantastic product. I hughly recommend this watt meter plus.
W7NEE Rating: 2018-04-18
Fantastic Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Fantastic piece of equipment! I use a Flex radio to drive my Quadra Amplifier. The screen on the Quadra is getting quite dim. I installed the Lp-100A and found that I was overdriving my amplifier with the Flex! I very glad to have purchased this precision piece of equipment! It has saved me some repairs in the future of my amplifier! Great product I would highly recommend it!
BU2AH Rating: 2018-03-31
I won't sell it ... Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Right now, for sure, 2 ham radio tools I won`t sell them, the one is my 500w bird dummy load and the rest one just is the LP-100A.
On the other hands, The LP-500/700 is my next step.
ps. I am waiting for my second KPA-500 to feed LP-100A. YES, just because of LP-100A, so I bought one more KPA-500.(The original one has been sold 2 years ago. HAHAHA