Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: Manson SPS-9600/9602, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600.

Category: Power Supplies

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Manson SPS-9600/9602, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600.
Reviews: 5MSRP: *Start from 219 EUR
Description:
Manson SPS-9600, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600 (In UK).

This all completely identical devices. Differ only color of the case. It seems to me that they are made by one manufacturer, and then they are on sale under different marks.

SPS-9600

SPS-9602

Variable Output Voltage

1 - 15 V DC

1 - 30 V DC

Total Rated Output Current ( Main output + Front Output )

60A

30A

Rated Output current ( Main Output )

60A

30A

Rated Output Current ( Front Output )

5A

3A

Load Regulation ( Main Output )

0.1% + 5mV

Line Regulation ( Main Output )

0.05% + 3mV

Ripple & Noise ( peak-peak )

50mV p-p

Input Voltage

230V AC / 50Hz (or on request)

Efficiency

Special feature

Remote Sensing, Remote output voltage control and *on/off*

* Remote on/off only for production after October 2004 *

Approvals CE-EMC : EN 55022, CE-LVD: EN 60950

Dimensions ( W x H x D ) 220 x 110 x 360 (mm)

Weight 5.8 Kgs

Remarks Power factor correction >= 0.97 at optimal load

Price start at 219 EUR on de www.eBay.de, and de part number: 140002639661. Which is presented: http://www.e-radioshop.de/

73! de 4Z5PM.
Product is in production
More Info: http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.mw-funktechnik.de/index.php%3Fdir%3Ddetails%26pid%3D1423%26cat%3DR535%26m_curr%3DR535%26hcurr%3D&prev=/language_tools
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0054.2
VK2FRO Rating: 2009-04-24
Nice 40A supply. Noisy fan though! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I am happy with this supply, the only gripe is the fan is noisy. This was easily recitified by replacing it with a quieter fan salvaged from a defunct PC power supply (its a common 12Vdc fan).
OE5NIP Rating: 2008-10-16
It`s OK Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Hi!

I bought it yesterday, it´s ok, I have no problems with it, the fan ist a little loud, but ok.
VR2XMC Rating: 2008-05-06
It works well for me Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I have not experienced any problems mentioned by previous reviewers. I am using it to power my Elecraft K2, K3, IC910H and IC756pro3. The power supply works well and does not generate any RFI to my rigs at all.
VR2CH Rating: 2008-03-04
not recommended for hams Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I purchased the SPS-9400 power supply with digital LED displays. First I found the cooling fan is on all the time and is noisy. Factory engineers were not helpful to solve this problem.

Next, there were RFI radiating from the supply which I guessed leaks from the polycarbon front panel. Although the case is made of metals, the front panel does not have a layer of conductive spays to prevent RFI into the shack. Operating a transistor am/fm radio nearby will experience heavy interference.

The voltage output also has high noise level of about S-9 on my IC-718 under 10MHz. Some bands have higher noise than others but I could not find a "quiet" frequency from 0.1-30Mhz. The supply renders my transceiver useless.

After opening the case, I could not find any EMI filters on the DC output path which might explains the problem.

I took the supply to the factory office which is located in Hong Kong and they shipped the set back to Shenzhen for checking.

To my surpise, they came back telling me that the supply radiates RFI but is prefectly working and camplies with their specifications. They refused to do anything further.

Although the catalog claims it is suitable for use in radio equipment, the Manson staff said they can't do anything for me. What a bad attitude of service which is so rare nowadays.

I also purchase the SPS-8041 and it has the same problems. High RFI levels radiates well into the UHF spectrum. The catalog also claims it is suitable for CB Radios and scanners!

I also have other Manson's non-switching power supplies but their design, quality and workmanship all need improvments.

G0MJW Rating: 2007-05-25
Good but noisy fan Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
The supply appears to work well, it is light for the output power and does not appear to make RF hash. However, the noise from the cooling fan, which is on all the time, is rather disturbing.

Also, the output voltage is variable. This is good, but the control knob turns quite freely and it might be easy to accidentally turn the voltage up too high.