Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : AB5N - Icom HM-151 - IC-7000 mic. modification
Reviews: 159MSRP: 39.50
Description:
Modification to the Icom HM-151 hand microphone that comes with the Icom IC-7000. This mod fixes the poor FM audio that this microphone and radio combination has from the factory. The modification replaces the mic element and a capacitor, adds a shaped acoustic foam shell, widens the mic opening, adds a wind screen (pop filter) and a 1oz weight to the microphone shell.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.7000mic.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
W0LD Rating: 2010-11-08
Great Addition to the IC-7000 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This is the best spent money on a mod. I have ever spent. Works great!
LU2AW Rating: 2010-11-08
A must for any 7000 owner... Time Owned: N.A.
Im VERY satisfied, not only for the results of this mod on my 7000 but also becase of Bob´s kindness and profesionalism.

I highly recommend this kit to anyone who owns a 7000, this little gem´s audio gets as good as all of us expected from such a rig.

Bob found the trick the japanese designers couldnt so far... Thanks Bob!

Mario
KB4BJM Rating: 2010-10-28
Very Happy! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I am very pleased with the entire mod and outstanding service...
K6MKF Rating: 2010-10-27
AB5N's Mic Mod Is Outstanding! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
It just doesn't get much better than this. Bob turned my mic around in about 4 days. I'd read the comments about the low audio output from the stock HM-151 and decided to send it to Bob for his mod. I measured the audio output at various settings before I sent it off. Sure enough, Bob's mod delivered everything he said it would. Money well spent - and Bob sent along helpful hints on TBW and FIL settings that got me set up quickly. Great email communication too. Highly recommended!
K6CMB Rating: 2010-09-07
Great Reports! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Turn around time five working days. Excellent reports. Thanks!
K0MAJ Rating: 2010-08-10
Great Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I sent it out on a Tuesday and got it back on Saturday. Great service.
NA0US Rating: 2010-07-07
A+++ Great!!! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bob does a fantastic job upgrading this microphone. I love the IC7000, but with this mod, it makes a world of difference. Punching through the noise is a snap. Great turnaround time too. From the day the mic left my house to when it returned was 4 days - from Colorado. If you own an IC7000, you need to do this upgrade.
AE5DW Rating: 2010-06-04
Another satisfied customer! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
When I was researching the purchase of my IC-7000 I discovered Bob's mic mod. I watched all the videos, listened to his audio samples and read most of the reviews here. Less than a week after getting my 7000 the mic went to Bob for his magic.

I exchanged many friendly emails with Bob prior to sending him my mic. It was modded and sent back the same day it arrived and returned home a day sooner than scheduled. The audio reports have been nothing but spectacular!

If you have or are considering an IC-7000 you need this mod!
K4YFW Rating: 2010-05-28
broadcast type audio Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I sent the mic to Bob for the upgrade. Turnaround was 3 days after Bob did the work. My very first qso I was asked what kind of rig I was using....this was unsoliticed....he said the radio sounded great. I switched radios and asked for a report....he said to go back to the first radio as it sounded much better. TKS Bob
KI4MSJ Rating: 2010-05-24
A must have mod for the IC-7000 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I know I am just going to echo most every other review here but, it has to be said. I recently bought a IC-7000 and ran across this mod while searching the internet. I sent my microphone and M.O. to Bob AB5N and within three days my mic was back. I hooked it up to my radio and set it to Bobs recommendations and checked into my local 2m net that evening and without asking about the audio I was asked if I bought a new mic. When I told them it was the stock mic with Bob's mod. they could not believe the difference. Then today I happened to catch a 10m opening and with the TBW set to wide, I was able to bust through the noise and made two contact. I asked for a audio report and was told it sounded very clear and natural. I would highly recommend the mod to anyone with or considering getting the IC-7000.