Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Yaesu FP800 power supply
Reviews: 3MSRP: 100-150 used,new 299
Description:
Matching 20A power supply for the ft890,ft900,&ft840 with internal speaker.
Product is in production
More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
AB4D Rating: 2019-06-11
Long Term Review Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've had a Yaesu FP-800 in my station going into its 20th year of service. It's been an excellent supply, and IMO one of the best accessories that the OEM manufacturers every produced, the speaker/power supplies. I wished they didn't stop making them. The FP-800 has powered many smaller transceivers in my station over the years without issue, and is currently working well with a FT-991A. I have nothing bad to say about this nice little supply

At this point, it's a good idea for me to consider replacing the capacitors due to age. Once that is performed, it's likely I will get another 20 years of service out of the FP-800.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by AB4D on 2007-08-27

I bought this linear power supply/speaker new when I purchased a Yaesu FT-840 and a FC-10. The supply has worked with any problems whatsoever. It matches the FT-840/FC-10 perfectly and just sits on my desk silently doing its job, with the barely noticable fan turning on occasionally. I have two other linear supplies, a Daiwa and an Astron. Both hum slightly, the Astron being the worst, I wish they were as quiet as the FP-800. I highly recommend this supply.
K9CTB Rating: 2010-07-02
Very Nice Very Rugged Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Got one of these gems on a deal with a fellow ham who sold me his FT-600. I since parted with the transceiver (I probably shouldn't have) and kept the power supply because my buyer didn't need it. Turned out for the best however, since we used the FP-800 as a power supply for our VHF Packet Node downtown. It has been in service for 5 years without a failure. The radios, TNCs and antennas at the site are a different story, but the power supply kept chugging. I only recently swapped the supply out because I need the speaker here at home, and I placed a high-current switcher at the node site. The FP-800 has long outlived its expected lifespan, and it's still going strong. It deserves a 5!

K9CTB
W7UTE Rating: 2007-03-18
Nice speaker/ps! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I just found one at a dealer and paid $99. This is a nice addition to your FT890,FT900,or Ft840.It's the same size as the radio and has a large speaker which will make your radio sound much better. It can set next to or under your ft890. I'm glad I found this one! You'll be pleasantly surprised!!!W7UTE