Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : CQRLOG for Linux
Reviews: 24MSRP: 0 - free
Description:
CQRLOG is an advanced ham radio logger based on MySQL database. Provides radio control based on hamlib libraries (currently support of 140+ radio types and models), DX cluster connection, online callbook, a grayliner, internal QSL manager database support and a most accurate country resolution algorithm based on country tables developed by OK1RR. CQRLOG is intended for daily general logging of HF, CW & SSB contacts and strongly focused on easy operation and maintenance.
Product is in production
More Info: http://cqrlog.com/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
15244.2
K0DZX Rating: 2019-07-25
Very Fine Business! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
No problems installing or setting up - of course you have to know how to install software on linux. Pretty intuitive interface IMHO. I'm relatively newly licensed ham, had as much or more work getting connected to eQSL/Lotw and everything set up. Seems to be working very well, thanks for such a great application!
M5RFD Rating: 2018-09-26
Good, comprehensive logging program Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have only just started using CQRLOG, so I haven't come across any 'niggles' yet. And I only use it for listening logs. Installation on my (laptop) system which uses Ubuntu 18.04 was a breeze, just by following the instructions on the website.
Adding my first QSO details was easy. What is a little quirky is remembering that the various windows dont automatically lock, so the QSO list does not automatically lock to the top of the QSO entry window. CQRLOG would be ideal on a separate dedicated monitor, so the various windows as above plus dxcluster, grey line map etc, could all be displayed together.
All-in-all, this is a great addition to the limited number of Linux usable ham programs. As a long-term Linux user (15+ years), Linux is the only system I use on my laptop and its nice to have a fully-formed program like this.
NG7A Rating: 2018-09-16
Can't import ADIF easily Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Not easy to install, great if you have a lot of time to waste. The program does not run without installing a separate DB. Does not easily import existing logs via ADIF -- only options appear to be importing files via online DBs like clublog and hamqth.
OK1DTM Rating: 2018-06-09
Great logging program Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Working perfectly with Xubuntu 18.04
KJ7WT Rating: 2017-03-07
Could not get it to run under Mint Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I tried installing under Mint - I kept getting errors that seemed to indicate that MySQL wasn't running/couldn't connect, etc. Then after installing all those packages, I still kept getting the same errors. I also got a "It looks like apparmor is running on your system..." cqrlog said that running a fix would correct this - but no, it didn't. I suppose if you're a Linux wizard, and love fiddling with terminal commands, this might be a decent program, but I could not get it to run, and online help was not very effective. Most stuff I googled assumed a great familiarity with Linux workings/terminal commands. Not user friendly for noobs.
ON5HB Rating: 2017-03-07
Using it for years and years, love it! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have been using this nice logger for years and years.
Peter has done a very good job in writing this software.
Nothing compares to it, it simply contains everything you need.
Keep up the good work Peter, you're the man!

And if you run into trouble, Peter is always there to fix it.

73's Bas - ON2HB
K3DGR Rating: 2016-10-18
Excellent Logger... Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I've been testing Windows and Linux loggers for years and have dumped Windows a few years back as being too bloated and slow, etc.. and installed several different kinds of linux distributions. I prefer the Ubuntu distributions with the XFCE interface as it is the most responsive and runs the hardware more efficiently. Installed CWRlog latest version and using Petr's script on his web site, installed the logger flawlessly. It is a fantastic general purpose logger which is available to all. I would highly recommend this graphic logger. Thanks Petr and Martin for a Professional grade logger!!, 73's Dave,aa3ej
M0DRH Rating: 2015-09-02
Perfect for Day to Day use Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Been using Linux now for just @ 18 months.
Linux Lite, an almost Win XP like distro.

cqrlog is an excelent Logbook for day to day use.
Maybe a few features missing for contests/DXepiditions users,
but ay, it's under active development, and open to suggestions.
IK0DWJ Rating: 2014-06-08
One of the best and most comprehensive logging programs Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Cqrlog is one of the best and most comprehensive logging programs for radio amateurs. I am using it with great satisfaction on a debian testing (jessie). Some of my colleagues OM, windows users, are envious because I use cqrlog, when they, to achieve the same performaces, are forced to use privative software.
Thank you Petr and Martin its authors and developers, cqrlog you give us is really an excellent free software. Another equally important prerogative of cqrlog is that Petr listen to the desires of its users with regular updates, sacrificing his time with ham spririt. Petr, what you're doing for us OM is invaluable, personally I will try, in my limits, to give you some small satisfaction concrete, not only in words, with regular donations.
KD7RDZI2 Rating: 2014-01-17
Excellent Log but not for contest Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Excellent general purpose logging software. I wish it had also the features of N1MM contest software. For contest I use Xlog. With both CQRLOG and Xlog you can key the transitter via cwdaemon.