Manager

Product is in production
More Info: http://www.astroncorp.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
W2NER Rating: 2016-09-12
Great supply! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have been looking at the Astron RM-50, 60 and 70m supplies. After reviewing the schematics I realized both 60 and 70 amp version are identical! Not sure if the heat sinks are larger on the 70 but I can tell you design is the same right down to the PN's. As for the 50 amp, its design is also the exact same except for one thing, it has a cooling fan. So any of these supplies should do well even at the same power level needed as with the 70 amp version. I found a RM-60M for $179 shipped so I'm a happy camper and it works great (as do all the Astron linear supplies do). I would never use a switching supply for my HAM gear.
W0WSP Rating: 2008-01-08
Good, solid PS Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought this PS used for $125 about three years ago. What buy. After I made the purchase I load tested the supply for 30 minutes at 45 amps. The power transformer and pass transistors were warm, not hot. Recently I had a problem with the power switch. I called Astron to order a replacement. The Astron rep took my name and address and said they would ship me one at NO CHARGE. That's what I call service.