Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Samlex SEC-1235 & 1235M
Reviews: 62MSRP: 139.95
Description:
Samlex 30 Amp continuous switching power supply with or without meters.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.samlexamerica.com/products/productdescription.asp?ProductsID=36025
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
15624.5
K1RET Rating: 2019-11-13
Great PSU Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have the 1235M model. I've had this power supply since I got my ticket in 2016. I’m very happy with this purchase. I’ve waited this long to review this power supply because I was very green to the Ham hobby when I bought it. Now I can safely say it does the job well for my needs. I have this paired with my FT-991A and couldn’t be more happy with the ease of use and quick set up!
N1OEY Rating: 2019-03-12
Good PS Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Just recently ordered two for a new shack setup. The first one came and was pinning the Voltmeter so a quick check with a multimeter showed exactly 13.83 volts so a quick adjustment on the meter resolved that issue.

The second one arrived and no meter adjustment was required it too sat at exactly 13.83 Volts. Haven't really used them enough yet to determine fan noise but I was impressed with how quickly they did respond to an email on a different topic.

The engineer that answered also offered his personal contact info if I had any further questions. That type of service lacks today.
KE4IZA Rating: 2019-03-02
Very Nice Power Supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Just got this Samlex sec-1235m yesterday to replace a badly humming Astron 35M. Runs cool, meters appear accurate and the foot print is perfect. Being $80 cheaper than a equivalent Astron was also a plus. Have found no RFI yet.

My only grip is the way you are required to connect to this power supply. For lack of a better idea, I stripped and twisted the wire, inserted into hole and tightened set screw on both sides. It works but ..........
Has anyone come up with an ingenious way of connecting the power wires?
K4EQ Rating: 2018-10-29
Great Power Supplies Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have a Samlex SEC-1235, a SEC-1235M, and a SPS-1204UL, all of which I've used for several years. No hash, low fan noise, no problems! I'm very satisfied with these power supplies.
VE7REN Rating: 2018-08-28
excellent Time Owned: more than 12 months.
ive been using the newer version 1235m with the white letteing saying samlex power. mine is 2 years old and has been excellent powering a rigrunner with numerous radios and goodies attached to it. yes,the fan comes on periodically,as do many other brands. no louder then the rest.and the meters do seem to be a tad off,but im overall real happy with this supply. I ordered another one to power another station I have in the shop. got rid of all my linear astrons to aquire more space,and get efficient power in times of increasing power bills. my suppy gets plenty of use.... 5 stars
N5LB Rating: 2018-06-28
Good Power Supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Small, light and so fat reliable. I went searching the HF spectrum for noise or hash and found none. I compared the noise floor using the Samlex and an Astron linear supply and found no difference.

The terminal blocks are not what I am accustomed to using, though once connected they seem solid. Samlex provides two crimp/solder pins to the DC cable but of course having ruined the first cable two pins were not enough. They do work fine on #10. I made solder ends to fit in the terminal blocks and this seems to work.

It is so small and light that it is now located within a foot of the rig keeping cables short.
AA8HS Rating: 2018-06-12
Died after 3 years Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This was a very reliable unit while I owned it until I started doing digital modes like JT8. The fan started running all the time although I was only running the Kenwood Ts-590 at 5 watts but sometimes for a couple of minutes with WSPR transmissions. Then the PS just died! It has a 3 year warranty and I need to contact HRO to find out if the warranty is still in effect. Prior to the last month, the fan rarely came on.
WA1EDN Rating: 2017-10-25
works fine Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use the SEC1235M to run a Kenwood TS590SG and have never had any problems at all. However I accidently cracked the left side meter plastic cover into several pieces. When I emailed Samlex about buying a new cover, they sent me one for free!
WA8KOQ Rating: 2017-07-03
Super power supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Must say NA6O is right about the Nanoxia
NDS60 fan, it is inaudible. I put it in and don't hear a thing now.This supply is clean and it runs cool, not even lukewarm. Highly reccommend it.
K1EAR Rating: 2017-06-13
Does the job... Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Use to power small (450 W PEP) linear. Buzzes and rattles a bit as it approaches maximum (35 amp) current but that does not seem to affect the signal. Good supply for the money...