Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : W2IHY I Plus Multi-Radio Routing System
Reviews: 17MSRP: $219.99
Description:
Use a Single Box to Route your Rack or W2IHY Audio Gear Output to Multiple Radios, Amplifier, and Speaker System.
iplus technology allows routing of your external Rack or W2IHY audio to 3 radios. No more disconnecting and reconnecting your rack to separate radios. Just select your radio and play!

Product is in production
More Info: http://w2ihy.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
N2QQF Rating: 2021-12-11
WORKS WELL, EVEN BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I've owned many w2IHY products over the years. I recently returned to radio after a 6yr hiatus and I have put the station together using my typical iBox that has worked well for me over the years. I purchased a new radio and was about to order a third iBox, but it made more sense to just move ahead with ordering the i-Plus for a cleaner look and installation.  I was having some RFI issues initially with my setup, not totally related to the iplus. However, I managed to clear things up after moving a few things around and toroids being installed. I was still having an issue but noticed it went away when I switched back to the iBox vs iPlus.

After performing some additional testing, I was able to isolate my issue RFI down to the iplus and decided to call Julius and get his thoughts on what might be happening.  After determining my tests were indeed correct and that I properly isolated the problem down to the iplus, he quickly told me not to worry  and immediately sent me a replacement unit, no questions asked.  He sent me the new unit with a return shipping label for the old unit, so he can look into it. He even offered to come over and work with me, if I couldn't remedy the problem fully because we are fairly close to one another.

Needless to say the unit was installed and there have been no problems since its been installed and I am happy.  W2IHY customer service is unbelievable and almost unheard of these days.  Julius has his boxes installed in stations all over the world and yet he treats everyone like it's his first unit he has sold.  Very responsive and attentive and truly is a professional. The level of customer service you receive makes you want to continue doing business because you know you will get the proper level of detail and customer service that seems to be missing from many businesses today. Thanks Julius for yet another job well done and happy customer.
W9OWO Rating: 2019-04-26
You can't go wrong with this! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
This switch 'system' is absolutely great for any station that has more than one transceiver. No need for multiple microphones on the desk- just turn the knob to whichever radio you want to use. Instantly switches the mic, speaker and amplifier to the selected radio.
In addition, separate gain controls allow for different mic levels for each radio.
It doesn't make sense to "swap" cables and mics every time you change radios. Just get this– you won't regret it!
N7GCO Rating: 2019-03-21
Outstanding Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
The W2IHY is a wonderful product and the customer service provided by Julius is outstanding. He has been incredible helpful in giving me the best way to setup my equipment and making custom cables for me. His is the best customer service I have ever encountered. Highy recommended.
M0VMX Rating: 2018-09-05
Out Standing Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have owned a Julius (W2IHY) iPlus for 4 years
the build quality is top notch, I have just had my first fault in 4 years I contacted Julius and told him about my fault he said he will ship a new RCA board out to me and if that does not fix it he will fix it for free all I have to pay is the postage well what customer service that is 100% and after 4 years.
I use my iPlus for switching 3 radios with one mic its fits the bill perfectly.
WA6LDI Rating: 2017-05-18
Outstanding Customer Support Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had the pleasure of conducting business with Julius (W2IHY) for a number of years and cannot stress enough of the OUTSTANDING customer service this wonderful man has provided! In today's business world, this is indeed a "breath of fresh air"... Julius has always been there to assist in any way possible to resolve issues, that are usually those of customer error rather than product design or poor quality.

On a personal note, I have used his 8 band equalizer, EQ Plus, I-Plus for many years and have not experienced any issues... My most recent acquisition from Julius is his excellent 3x4 Switch Plus along with two 1x4 Antenna switches. He assisted me over the phone when I had some questions with the installation. Julius provided extremely helpful suggestions which resulted in all of my equipment operating flawlessly. I can now switch between 3 transceivers and 3 different linear amplifiers and one antenna; all interfaced with W2IHY's designed audio system and 3x4 Switch Plus! Thank you, Julius, for your wonderful customer service and exceptional equipment design that you've provided to the amateur radio community!
KD0ZV Rating: 2015-02-01
Typical W2IHY Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
One thing you can count on when you buy something from W2IHY is that its going to be a great product and if you need support its going to be the best in the industry. But don't trust me, read around.

The iPlus is a great product that if you break it down has several products in one. Its a mic and audio speaker switcher but also has 3 ibox type circuits in it as well. Not to mention switches your amp keying line. This is my 4th product from Julius and I could not be happier.
VK4SX Rating: 2013-11-12
excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Julius has done it again, supplied a much needed piece of very well made and functional hardware for the ham shack,
sure beats swapping mics,
my ears are shot, I use a TELEX D-950 headset with a HEIL HC-5 insert, been using same for 25 yrs, problematic swapping the gear to other rigs, this I-Plus makes it very easy, if you have a favorite mic that is suitable for multi rigs, this is the gadget to use,
Cheers
Dennis VK4SX
I must add, I wired one of Larrys, Mr Pecker Electronics pecker tune modulator into the circuit, as i use a 12yr old MKV and a TENTEC ONMI VII, all works a treat.
N2YXW Rating: 2011-10-16
Great product and great service Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I added an i-plus to switch my icom 7800, 7410 and 7000 with my rack audio gear. The added benefit is the amp keying. Just a turn of the dial to switch radios! As with my other W2IHY gear, eq plus and 8 band eq, the customer service that Julius provides is second to none. Emailed questions are answered promptly and he always has other bits of info to help you along.
LA2RRA Rating: 2011-10-16
Works great Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Added this nice Iplus to my 8eq and now only one micke to my K3 and Ts-950sdx.
Superb Julius thanks for this great product, de Lars M La2rra
K1KLA Rating: 2009-11-23
Just great! Time Owned: N.A.
I use it with my Orion,Yaesu FT 2000 and Icom IC 7800 with the 8 band and EQ plus works 100%
Another great product from Julius W2IHY