Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Ameritron 75 Amp Switching Power Supply SPS-75
Reviews: 5MSRP: 359.95
Description:
A 13.8 volt 75 amp continuous supply. Reverse polarity, brown out, over-current and over-temperature protection. Thermal fan varies sped as heat increases. Draws 11 amps at 120 VAC. 61/2Wx31/2Hx10D. 7.8 lbs.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.ameritron.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0053.8
WD8DBY Rating: 2013-06-18
Good Supply...but Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I'm using this power supply for the Ameritron ALS-500M. It provides sufficient current but I have significant problems with the supply introducing quite annoying receiver hash. Tweaking the voltage adjust control usually provides temporary relief. I have also had complaints of the power supply introducing noise on my transmitted audio output.
K9YBY Rating: 2011-03-01
not worth fixing Time Owned: more than 12 months.
SPS-75 power supply
my second SPS-75 has gone bad in 30 months.
1st in waranty at 11 months shorted.
2nd at 14 months output went to zero.
Was using a Ameritron ALS-500 Amp on it.
Bill K9YBY
N0LRI Rating: 2010-03-14
Works Well Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
My SGC-500 is happy with this unit, and it is particular about power supplies. I can't detect any receiver hash on any band that I use (40-10
meters). I appreciate the small size and light weight. I received exceptional customer support from Ameritron when I thought I had a problem.
KA0ETF Rating: 2009-10-20
Great Power Supply Swithcing Unit Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I use the Ameritron 75 Amp Switching Power Supply SPS-75 on my SGC SG-500 Power cube Amp and it run great! It is very quiet. In fact when I first put it in-line and turned it on I thought it was not getting power because it was so quiet. I have no complaints.

Ron, KA0ETF
St. Louis, MO
NP2L Rating: 2008-04-15
I'm impressed! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought this unit to power my Ten Tec Hercules II 500w solid state amplifier. It does so effortlessly. It is both super quiet (hard to remember to turn it off) and the variable speed fan keeps it cool during both ssb and cw operation. Draws only 11 amps with a 120v supply. It replaces a couple of golf cart batteies which became a nuisance to maintain and no longer needed with our more reliable utility system. I was as pleasantly surprised with this as any equipment I have got recently.