|If you ever plan to buy a second-hand scope, try this brand. |
This digital scope works very well. With it's 25MHz bandwidth and 100Msamples/second it does everything you need. The built-in features are really good!
- Price (250 euros !!!)
- Complete: with probes, powercord and USB-cable
- Battery-option LiPo (not too expensive)
- Quick startup of 5 seconds
- Easy setup, no manual needed
- Good layout of all functions, no Chinese crap
- Great math-functions like add, substract and FFT (!)
- Auto-measure of V, F, period etc.
- Auto-set works truly good
- Video-trigger built-in for all standards
- Remembers settings after rebooting, no need to re-set everything
- Auto-calibration removes a lot of own noise, works great
- XY-function is very good, ideal for adjusting probes
- Lightweight and compact, fits everywhere
- May fit between 19" rack, has no handles ofcourse
- Knobs and buttons feel quite good, not cheap and not Tektronix
- Housing feels al littlebit too plastic-ish, but it's alright
- Display viewing-angle is not large but it'll do
- V/div only goes to 5V, not higher (unless you use a 1:10 probe, it adjusts)
- USB-connector is strange: type-A but it works
- Software is only good for screenshots (which it does well)
Alltogether, this scope does more then you can expect for this price. I bought a battery and carrying-bag so total price is about 350 euros, still less than the cheapest Conrad-scope and way better.
Especially the math-functions, the possible slow speed of 100s/div (great for current-measurements), the auto-set and measuring are very nice and easy to use.
This model may have FFT, depending on the firmware. This FFT works very good in the audio-range, very good for checking response. I didn't test it's quality on higher spans (you can go to 10MHz/div, but I doubt it works).
The last option that is quite handy, is the internal storage of up to 4 waveforms. You can save it and leave it in the screen to compare it to future measurements.
I give it a 4 and not a 5 because it is Chinese and thus not perfect. But, I would have given it a 5 because of the price. Well okay, this 4 is a 5 worth but the 5 is saved vor Tek etc.