Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Alinco DM-330MVT
Reviews: 151MSRP: 219.95 Street $169.95
Description:
Specifications: Input voltage: AC120VAC(MVT) / 220VAC(MVZ) Output voltage : 5 to 15VDC variable Output voltage variation: less than 2% Protection: short-circuit, Automatic current limiting over 32A, over-temperature Output current: 32A(max), 30A(continuous) Ripple: less than 15mVp-p at rated load Fuse: 8A Meter: single volt/current meter, back-lit Size: 175(w) x 67(h) x 165(d) mm Weight: approx. 2 Kg
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM-330MV/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
251514.4
KE8KW Rating: 2019-08-03
great product Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Ya know... once in a while, something breaks... My power supply started losing it's winkum and I realized I needed a new one. I've always been an Astron guy, but I think their quality has slipped a little over the years AND, when they say 50 amp, what they actually mean is 30 amp with 50 amp surge. So... I started drilling down on the subject and ended out on this model Alinco supply and drove down to HRO in Salem NH yesterday and bought one. As soon as I had it in my hand, I realized the build quality was higher than normal. I got the thing home and hooked it up and was a little disappointed in the brightness of the meter, but... I can see when I'm running in a situation where I don't want real bright lights... this will be ok. After a few hours of operation on FT8, I realized I had made the right choice. Only thing I was a little disappointed in other than that was the front outlets are for only 5 amps... I really liked the idea of being able to plug into the front, but oh well... It's a well built unit and I'm sure I'm going to be happy with it. If that changes... I will revise my review.. de KE8KW
KF4KQS Rating: 2019-08-01
Going strong after years of service! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I got this power supply second hand from a friend years ago in a trade. Decided to use it and try it out. Here it is over 4 years and still in regular use everyday powering my shack. Had noise problems on Hf at first, but a quick cleaning of the offset pot fixed the problem. Pretty rugged little power supply. It survived multiple moves, a couple years in the back of an old bus, power outages and surges, etc.

Variable power and meter all work flawlessly.

Highly recommended for any shack or bench!
WA9AFM Rating: 2019-02-20
Outstanding! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have three DM-330's; one in the shack that runs 24/7 and carries a TS-480SAT and TM-V71A along with a few other accessories; one in the go-kit; and one on the bench. These units are great!! They are well built, have numerous features to assure 'birdies' don't get in your station, and safety functions to assure 'busy little fingers' don't make unfortunate adjustments.
KH6DC Rating: 2019-02-20
Awesome So Far Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Had this for a couple of years now and still running like a champ. After having an Astron RS35M die after 15 years then a replacement SS30 and RS50M after 1 year, I got this Alinco and though it's small, can handle 30A. Very quite switching I find no spikes on any band.
N6MWA Rating: 2017-12-27
Very reliable Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Have had my DM-330MV is continual use for approximately 15 years. No failures- just keeps on going. No problems with RF noise. Runs very quiet and cool. One of the best supplies on the market IMO. Has a small foot print which makes it easy to place in most shacks. Great product.
K0CWO Rating: 2017-12-27
Nice supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This supply replaces a Samlex SEC-1223 that got hit by lightning after 20 years of reliable service. The Alinco is fancier with a meter and multiple outputs. I can’t see or hear any supply related noise on hf or vhf. The power supply itself is quiet as well. If this one last 20 years, I’ll be well pleased with it.
VE3GSO Rating: 2017-09-03
Repair to secondary supply Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
A friend asked me to repair his supply. Smoke came from fan, which smelled burnt. I measured the fan supply at 50V when it should be 24V. The secondary supply runs the regulator circuits, LEDs and the fan. Capacitor C32, a 10uF 35V 85C capacitor had shorted and blew one of the regulator diodes, D8, a 1SS133. I replaced C32 with a 10uF 35V 105C cap and leaned it away from the two large resistors which had cooked the origional. Replaced both D8 and D9 with 1N4144 diodes as 1SS133 are not available. While in the unit I replaced C26 and C17, 47uF 25V 105C caps as they were showing some case. I also replaced the fan with a new 24V brushless. Unit now works well.
K8DHU Rating: 2017-06-09
Poor service after warranty out. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Purchased this DM-330MV in late 2012
Unit worked well but never had an occasion to use the voltage adjustment feature . . My New TM-V71
Kenwood VHF mobile rig to use as a base station requires 14 volts and anythin less produces a motor boating sound on the audio. This was confirmed by Kenwood techs.

Since I always used it at the 13.8 center detente position I never used the voltage adjustment feature. Bad on me for not checking when just out of the box new.

Alinco wants almost the price of a new one to repair + parts and shipping handling of course.
KI0GU Rating: 2017-03-21
Bought in 2006 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I purchased this in April of 2006 over 10 years ago. It has been used almost daily since the day I got it.

Today I just started to notice some RF noise in my HF rig. I changed the Noise offset and was able to eliminate my noise. It is still showing full voltage and output.

I am going to buy a new one and keep this as a spare. This one might be just fine, but given the price and reliability, I am absolutely going to buy another one.

I would highly recommend this product. It has been a solid performer!

Thank you Alinco!
Hauns
KI0GU
WA1SFH Rating: 2016-06-12
Great, but Meter Died after 2 years. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I really like using this power supply. It does duty in my HF "Go Box".

However, after 2 years of light use, the meter failed to work... Dead as a door nail. I have been told that this is not an uncommon experience.

Other than the meter not working, it is a great power supply which I continue to use.

Since this model is out of production, if looking for a replacement, I would not hesitate to get the new model with USB outlets - DM-330FX.