Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Manson SPS 9620
Reviews: 2MSRP: 600
Description:
This 13.8V DC power supply has been designed for professional applications which require quality high current for equipment. The output voltage has Over Voltage Protection at about 17V to ensure very high protection against power supply failure, thus offering full protection to the powered equipment.
The output is current limited at just over 120A and this current output can be supplied continuously.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.manson.com.hk/productdetail.php?ProductID=21
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
GI0ZGB Rating: 2013-04-30
Big Daddy Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Affectionatly known as The Brick in some places, it surely is the biggest brick I've ever encountered. It's more like two side by side cement blocks with a carrying handle and just a heavy, built like a tank and as powerful, delivering the amps in a effortless manner.
Cooling is via two constantly running, relatively quiet, fans.
I replaced mine with quieter higher efficiency units which dropped the noise quite a bit.
Power leads connect at the rear of the unit allowing leads to be kept tidy and out of the way.
Being switched mode design there is always the worry of RFI, so I read a few reviews and based on good reports I took the plunge and purchased. I myself have found it to be well filtered with no hash on ham bands, that is with all the other household sources switched off.
This is an expensive power supply by any measure, but it is built by renowned experts in the field.
It will power rigs like the TS-480HX with ease, 500w LA's with ease and solves a lot of problems in so doing.
I'm well pleased with this unit and it suits my needs admirably, I recommend it with confidence.
G8UBJ Rating: 2008-07-30
Solid Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This is probably the last 13.8V PSU you will ever need to purchase. I now power everything in the shack from this single supply and testing it with simultaneous transmit on three bands (90Amps) there was no noticeable change in voltage (From load or RFI).
There are two cooling fans at the rear of the PSU which run continuously, they speed up if necessary (This hasn't happened yet). The unit has a handy carry handle on the top & I have located the PSU under the operating bench to minimise audio noise (Its not excessive). I can't detect any RFI from the unit.
This appears to be a very professional power supply with 120amp (Thats 1.6KW) output. Its the ideal power solution for those who would rather not be bothered with power budgets and multiple supplies. One switch for the whole shack does it for me!