Manager

Review Summary For : Hexbeam: by K4KIO
Reviews: 159MSRP: 669
Description:
A six band, broadband, G3TXQ- designed, hexagonal beam with
performance on par with a
two element Yagi but a much smaller physical footprint is fully
tuned and ready to go. This is a
plug and play antenna, not a kit. It can be assembled in an
evening with no measurements or
tuning needed. No traps or coils are required and a single coax
feeds all bands. Available for
Bands 20 – 6 meters in various combinations. All steel
components are stainless and non
metallic components are UV resistant. Mount on a push up mast
or rooftop. The sturdy aircraft
aluminum base plate has never been reported to fail by hundreds
of users. A “no questions
asked” 30 day refund offer comes with each beam.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.k4kio.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
351594.9
K2EDW Rating: 2013-04-30
I am extremely satisfied with my hex beam by K4KIO. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This is an outstanding product. My hex beam was assembled by members of the Orleans County Amateur Radio Club. Everyone was impressed with the quality of the materials, the ease of assembly and the helpful directions. When a question came up, Leo at K4KIO was extremely helpful. The hex beam went together quickly and easily without any problems. It is mounted on a Glen Martin 8 foot tower.

Although I've only had it on the air a few days, I am very impressed with its performance. Running just 100 W, I have received outstanding signal reports from DX contacts.A station I contacted in Germany told me my signal was 10 DB stronger then with my G5RV.

I recommend the K4KIO hex beam most heartily.
OD5ZZ Rating: 2013-04-28
Great Antenna Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
After being away from the hobby for 15 years I decided to come back and chose hexbeam as my antenna , well what can I say Leo have been a great help , the antenna outperformed my expectations on all 5 bands, I even can tune it on 40m , as a DX'er and I am sure some who is reading this review have worked OD5ZZ highly recommend this antenna , the cost compared to other antennas is minimal , easy to construct , do not let the HEX shape fool you , you need a rotator since it is a directional antenna , I pushed legal limit through my AL -1500 had no problem and SWR on all 5 bands is below 1.3

I highly recommend the HexBeam antenna by K4KIO for serious DX'ing
KE4QZW Rating: 2013-04-23
SOLID Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I added a Heil PR781 to my setup and coupled with this antenna, I now have some bragging rights. I've had this antenna up for quite some time now and have been working Europe like they are in the next county.
N7BD Rating: 2013-04-16
1st Class! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have had my Hex up and operating for just over one month. I had (still have) a SteppIR vertical with an excellant ground system. May not be quite apples to apples, however: The Hex has absolutely amazed me with the performance. I have it right at 70' and seldom have to call DX more than twice; three times in a pileup and I only run about 550W. In one month I've picked up 21 new countries! Bottom line: For the $$ spent, you can't do ANY better!
KK4OW Rating: 2013-04-08
Great antenna for price. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought the KIO Hexbeam and could not be more satisfied. It has great quality and is easy to assemble. I have at a little over 25 ft. and it works great. I assembled a Hy-gain av620 vertical
and it was a nightmare but this hexbeam was easier and has a lot better directions and went very smooth. I would highly recommend, great product.
KK4CIR Rating: 2013-03-06
Best of the Best! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Before buying an antenna just like anything else you always want to read what people that own the product have to say. I was in the market for a beam antenna and looked at every possible one out there from Mosley to Cushcraft from three bander to 5 band coverage. The price of the antenna is not the only thing that we have to consider, also comes the mounting possibilities based on location and available area as we all well know! I read many reviews on almost any brand out there and could not find one that would have a perfect score based on performance, price, easy to assemble and the whole nine yards! I had my K4KIO Hex for a short two months but I don't have to wait anymore just to prove how great of an antenna this is and what a great performer on all five bands, I got every band with exception of 6 meters. The antenna has very low SWR accross the band and is under 1.5 on all five bands, 20 and 17 being the best at 1.0 flat. I used a push up mast from Rohn and is up about 30 ft. Every signal report that I get is S9+ and sometimes get up to 30-40+! All reports on only 100 watts are S9 or better. Have not used my amp since I installed the antenna and happen to break through pile ups on the first minute of trying. What a great product and I give it a FULL rating of "5". If you are in the market for a beam that is price effective and don't have to spend another 1 to 2K in tower and expensive rotor try this one that you will not be disapointed. Like I said, read the reviews out there and let me know if you find another beam within the price range and capabilities of this on with a 5 rating accross the board. If you would like to see my set up you can visit my web page on QRZ.com and see how easy of intatllation this one would be for you! Thanks for reading! Paul KK4CIR
KB9UWU Rating: 2013-02-19
Great antenna and service! Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
Just last weekend in ARRL DX CW I got DXCC on 15 and 20 meters with my KIO hexbeam at 45'! It is a snap to put together and erect, even by yourself. Performance is as advertised and service from Leo is top notch. He quickly answers questions and is very helpful and courteous.
K1YXP Rating: 2013-02-06
BUY THE K4KIO HEX BEAM Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I will be brief,everything has already been said in the reviews, so I will not be redundant. BUY THIS ANTENNA IF YOU AR CONIDERING A HEX BEAM. My only complaint is that Leo does not have all 50 states.
VK6WB Rating: 2013-02-05
GREAT ANTENNA Time Owned: more than 12 months.
JUST PUT UP MY NEW 6 BAND HEX BEAM ON 24/12/2012,
WHO ARE MADE BY LEO..K4KIO,ALL I CAN SAY IS W.O.W...WHAT A PERFORMANCE AND LOW NOISE RECEIVE.
IT IS PLUG AND PLAY AND SWR VERY LOW CROSS THE BAND
I HAVE MOUNT THE ANTENNA 25ft FROM GROUND.
WORKING USA AND EUROPE LONG PATH ALWAYS RECEIVE S9.
I USE TO RUN A TET-EMTRON TRAP 3ELE TRIBAND BEAM..
BUT THE TET-EMTRON VERY POOR PERFORMANCE AND DEAF.

I RUN THE HEX BEAM WITH 1KW POWER NO PROBLEM..
JUST SIMPLE LOVE THIS ANTENNA..WORKED USA LONG PATH THIS MORNING WHAT A PILE UP SO WARE LONG PATH TO EUROPE.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO STATION THAT WHO HAVE LITTLE SPACE FOR BIG ANTENNA.

I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR MY PORTABLE.
THANKS TO LEO..

MY INFO @ QRZ.COM DE VK6WB
WH7DX Rating: 2013-01-31
Great Antenna Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I'm updating my review of the K4KIO Hexbeam.

After using it for a year.. no problems. SWR is still in the same range and I'm near the ocean salt... not a friendly location.

The relatively small size and weight has made it easy to swing around and work QSOs in all directions... checking path etc.

Lately, it's been morning LP QSOs of 20,000+ miles.

I would add antenna rope around the tops of the supporting arms going around for additional support.

Happy Customer,