Manager

More Info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0073.6
KG6CDR Rating: 2012-08-04
STILL TICKING! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had this for a few years now, with NO problems. Just wanted to upgrade my rating to a 5 out of 5.

----------------------
Earlier 4-star review posted by KG6CDR on 2001-11-05

Like others here, the noise level of the fan kicking in every time I transmit gets a little old, BUT.... it's worth the money. I have had no problems, and it powers my ICOM706IIG and a Drake SW receiver.

My complaint.... (I do have one) is the meters are not lighted. Seems like a strange thing to leave out?
KB6HRT Rating: 2010-07-24
MFJ 4275 MV NICE Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This power supply works very well powerring my LGC 500 Smart Cube amplifier, when the fan come on during transmit under loud it not so loud you you won't be able to hear your radio on recieve, it has plenty of power for the LCG 500 SC to allow it to put out full output and then some. Had two Alinco 340s in parallel before and they worked good I though, but the MFJ 4275 MV works so much better powering the 500 SC. Having the Back lighted meters is a real plus.
KB5MIQ Rating: 2008-11-05
ok but Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
hi i agree with everyone else its a good well made supply but mine and MFJ;s idea of whisper quiet is way different. its way to loud even under the desk, and if you have to hide it why would you need the nice meters or front acess?
sold mine and got an astron.
73 david
W6PMR2 Rating: 2003-04-04
Not bad for $$ Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Like most others I think the fan is way to loud
and the meters should be lighted.
I have to laugh however every time I read the MFJ add saying it's "whisper quite"
On the plus side, it has served me faithfully for two years with no problems whatsoever. Something I cannot say for my Astron.
AA5XA Rating: 2003-04-04
Too Loud! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The power supply works OK, the problem is the loud cooling fan. You have to have it a distance from the operating position or it is a problem. I would not buy another one.
N3DQU Rating: 2000-12-19
Nice hunka arn Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
Yep, the '4035 is a nice hunk of "arn" alrite, but as others hv reported, the fan is loud under load...the MFJ "No Matter What" warranty however makes it a gud buy in my opinion, so put 'er under the desk.
N9GWL Rating: 2000-06-10
Spent the extra money and buy an astron. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This power supply seems to be built strong enough, and it has a lot of features. But it's main down fall is the loudest cooling fan, I have ever heard. The fan comes on every time the microphone is keyed. In my opinion, spend the extra bucks,get a quality supply, like an astron. What good is a supply, if you cant hear the radio over the cooling fan noise. Thanks for listening N9GWL.