Manager

More Info: http://www.nissei.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0024.5
G4VRR Rating: 2019-04-02
Rock Solid Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought this PSU to replace a BNOS 25A supply that I had with a Yaesu FT757GX back in the 1980s. When I moved that on in 1988, the lucky purchaser of said rig made the sale conditional upon taking the BNOS too. The BNOS was a good supply that I had no wish to part with but I wanted shot of the Yaesu so it had to go. The Nissei has never missed a beat and has been a solid investment. The cooling fan is just too noisy but I couldn't mark it down for that. I have the Nissei in the cupboard that serves as an operating location, and even with the sliding cupboard door left fully open for cooling, the noise is sufficiently contained. I recommend one of these battleships without reservation unless you need a supply with a loudspeaker in the case or you really must have visually matching components...
G7IGB Rating: 2010-02-11
True professional grade PSU Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I've just purchased a Nissei PS-300 30A PSU from a local amateur and it's a true professional grade linear power supply unit. It's very stable with no voltage drop when running 100W output on my FT-450 and there's none of the SMPS 'hash' normally produced by the cheap 'switch mode' units. Twin meters and a variable voltage from 3-15V also make it a useful bench PSU for test purposes and it's good value for money on the second hand market, highly recommended if you can find one.