Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Ten-Tec 941 Switching Power Supply
Reviews: 1MSRP: 169.00
Description:
A switching power supply for Ten-Tec HF transceivers. Replacement for the now-discontinued model 963. 115/230 VAC input, 25 amps continuous duty at 13.8 VDC output.
Product is not in production
More Info: http://store.tentec.com/accessories/
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
W1EUJ Rating: 2010-03-03
Simple, works. Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This power supply is essentially a Mean-Well S-350-13.5 switching power supply in a Ten-Tec box. That has a 150mV max ripple-and-noise specification. It is mounted in a 'slim' box with only the things you NEED; but those things are quality. No meters, just a illuminated power switch. Power connection through gold-plated 5-way banana jacks. IEC power supply input connector. And the requisite wing-nut ground point. The exhaust fan (which I've never heard run because my basement is cold and I run a 50W Scout on SSB) is actually built into the module.

It works for me; haven't noticed any significant noises on recieve, but I have not done a detailed side-by-side with a similar linear PS and short antenna. For that reason I cannot give it a 5, I just cannot say without more work in reviewing it.