Manager

Manager - NA4M
Manager Notes

Reviews For: FDS Graphics

Category: QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc.

eMail Subscription

Product is in production
More Info: http://www.fdsQSL.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
2W0KPH Rating: 2013-11-21
Highly Recommended Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have just received my fourth order and it is time to give "credit" when very satisfied with the service provided.From my first contact with FDS the help and service has been exceptional, you have direct contact with Geoff to discuss your needs. In my case the front design of the card and the format on the reverse, with all the detail i required.When my callsign changed, a call to Geoff and my card was updated with extra details added.FDS Graphics has never failed me.Highly recommended.
G0UIH Rating: 2013-11-17
Not as good as the last batch Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I have ordered from FDS in the past, but last month I ordered from CoolQSL in Poland as there seems to be gluten of new QSL printers. I’m always happy to vary my purchases so an alternative was worth checking out. I'm glad I did as the repro is far superior. Nice sharp images, very little if any repro loss. Couldn't fault at all (and the QSL was larger than FDS). It was an excellent representation from the supplied original.

Both companies were supplied with high-res PDF's with all fonts and graphics embedded. I actually asked what the preferred method of supply was in order that each had the best possible originals. The main file originated from Adobe Indesign (and Photoshop) and was processed using Acrobat Distiller X Pro with Pass4Press Job options which is an industry standard for getting Acrobat’s PDF’s right.(My background is professional graphics repro and magazine production since the late 70's).

Sorry to say that the FDS cards almost look ‘Lo-Res’ in comparison. Images were not sharp and the job looked very average, bordering poor. One image has severely washed out mid-tones and highlights, although the original PDF was spot on. In some instances the highlight had nearly disappeared altogether, almost looks as if has been re-scanned.

On the plus side, delivery was fast but won’t be using again.

Steve - G0UIH
G4NVB Rating: 2013-08-03
Excellant Service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
In need of some new QSL Cards I wanted to purchase a personalised QSL card but couldn't decide on the actual font and layout. Geoff of fdsQSL not only helped me design the card but also supplied a draft image for me. I have just received the QSL cards and I am really pleased with them and the excellent service provided by fdsQSL. Highly recommended.
M6CNR Rating: 2013-06-22
QSL cards Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Good job. Just what I wanted
G0RQQ Rating: 2013-04-07
Excellent Design & Service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
The card design was excellent as was the service. Definitely recommended!
WV4L Rating: 2013-03-09
Great Job Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Great job on my cards Geoff. Geoff was quick to get my previews to me in a timely manner and the cards turned out great.
G4PPK Rating: 2013-02-08
Great QSL Cards Time Owned: N.A.
Thanks yet again Geoff.
Both sets of QSL's arrived today. Excellent job.
Great quality. I am sure with the bands opening
that I will be ordering more again soon.
Quick and efficient service with an excellent Product.
Cheers Geoff.
73's
Clive G4PPK

Earlier 5-star review posted by G4PPK on 2012-06-01

Many thanks for the new Olympic QSL cards Geoff.
Excellent job and super finish.
Hope you do well with the special GQ and GO calls.
73's
Clive G4PPK
Earlier 5-star review posted by G4PPK on 2012-05-04

Thanks Geoff for the wonderful Diamond Jubilee
QSL cards Every small detail as requested.
Quick efficient first class service.
Congratulations to your team
73's Clive G4PPK / GQ4PPK / GO4PPK
Earlier 5-star review posted by G4PPK on 2011-10-06

Another batch of excellent QSL cars. Very quick delivery, by courier. Now lots of writing to be done. Many Thanks Geoff for all your help. What a Great Service to the Ham World. 73's Clive G4PPK ex 9H1ID
Earlier 5-star review posted by G4PPK on 2011-02-21

Ordered from Geoff a trial box of qsl cards. Moments later he e-mailed my proofs, I confirmed it on Thursday evening. Saturday Morning they arived in the 1st class post. I will never make my own qsl cards again. I am now working on ordering my next batch. Great quality and stunning to look at. Even my wife wants some new Qsl cards.
Many Thanks Geoff.
vy 73's de Clive G4PPK ex 9H1ID / 9H3CB
M0WZM Rating: 2013-01-27
Excellent service Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Good quality cards, reasonable prices and quick delivery. The emailing of a draft copy for approval is a nice touch too. Will definitely be using again.
MW0WYN Rating: 2013-01-24
Fantastic service again Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have been using FDS Graphics since 2009 from when I passed my foundation licence, then my intermediate and now my advanced licence.
I have always had great service, and great cards. Just email my image, call sign and the proof was sent, within a day.
Great service and easy to work with. I highly recommend them.
Thanks again Geoff
IZ0IRH Rating: 2013-01-20
Outstanding Quality Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I am fully satisfied. I know it's difficult to obtain the same colours, that would require sharing paired colours with calibrated monitor and printers from both sides (mine and the service), but despite of that the cards were printed perfectly. And the paper is excellent! More, I could order a minimum quantity (100) if I like, not 1000 or so. The prices were really reasonable.
I will come again.