Manager

Review Summary For : Ten Tec
Reviews: 3MSRP: $199.00
Description:
Model 963 Switching Power Supply
Product is not in production
More Info: http://www.tentec.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
W8TRN Rating: 2016-01-08
Bullet Proof Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This unit has run for 10+ plus years and is on 24 hours per day. I mean around the clock. It has survived numerous power surges without ANY failure. I repeat 24/7 - never turned off.

Mike
K8JHR Rating: 2012-07-10
Works Just Great Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Ten-Tec Model 963 is an excellent 20-23 amp switching power supply that works well, runs quiet, and does not produce unwanted EMI/RFI or electrical hash. I have had this for nearly 5 years with no problems - fan runs only if you are using your rig at full power for extended periods, otherwise it is as quiet as a brick supply. I am satisfied with it.

I got this with my Omni VII transceiver, and now use it to run my mobile, scanner, and a number of accessories in the shack. I use a pair of larger, Aston RS-35M linear supplies for the big stuff. This way everything has more than enough juice to run quiet, and easy. The Wife calls me Mr. Overkill - if a nail will do the job, I use three screws - but nothing runs hard in my shack - it all just coasts along easy like.

Satisfied customer. // K8JHR //

// K8JHR //

K4JQL Rating: 2010-03-28
Good Basic product Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Power Supply is simple, no knobs, no meters, just a power switch. The supply fan is noticeable but only runs for a short time and I have the unit right in front of my operating position. Good unit no problems.