Manager

Review Summary For : Manson EP-925 Power Supply
Reviews: 5MSRP: £99.99
Description:
same as Palstar PS-30M 25A continuos 30A peak variable voltage power supply
Product is not in production
More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0054.6
G0FVH Rating: 2012-05-14
OLD BUT RELIABLE Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I BOUGHT ONE IN 1990 FROM LOWES AT EASTCOTE, IT WAS £99-00, I GOT IT FOR £89-00, WITH A FRIENDS DISCOUNT.
IT IS STILL IN DAILY USE, RUNNING MY FT890D, MFJ-993B AND BHI NES 10-2. ALTHOUGH THE FAN CAN BE NOISY,I DONT NOTICE IT AND REALLY RATE THIS PIECE OF KIT.
G4ENZ Rating: 2011-07-31
A little noisy but pretty good Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had the same Manson EP-925 since 1990 and it has never let me down. The fan kicks in after a couple of minutes of drawing more than 2A in a 20C shack and is a little noisier than I personally like. As the general background current consumption in my shack is 3A this is not good news so, I fitted an additional fan.

The additional fan is a 2 inch 12V ex-computer fan. I power this from the EP-925 itself and have added a suitable series resitor to make the fan run more slowly and completely silently. I can now draw a continuous 5A without the main cooling fan kicking in.

The additional fan sits inside the case mounted inside the louvres on the top.
M0WDE Rating: 2011-05-21
Excellent PSU Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Having read various reviews which stated this PSU suffered from a noisy cooling fan, I have not experienced any problems with mine and have found it an excellent performer.
PA0FRI Rating: 2010-04-15
Poor rectifier bridge Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The EP925 (Conrad, Daiwa, ITG, Manson, Palstar, Stabo, Velleman and Voltcraft) is a good power supply, but the rectifier bridge has not enough capacity for example a continuous 5 volts load at full power . It is better to replace the rectifier by a 50 amperes type. In my Dutch article, are pictures and schematics for some modifications. See http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Diversen/EP925/ep925.htm
G6UWK Rating: 2010-04-14
excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have read what others have said about the PALSTAR PS-30M which is the same as the Manson EP-925 (I think they are just badged differently) others say the fan is noisy but in all honesty I have not noticed any problems, this is NOT a switch mode power supply so weight is not light, a few Kg's but that being said full power on my FT-450 (100 Watts) voltage did not move on meter and only breifly on digital voltmeter, so going by my unit voltage regulation is excellent.

Overall if you want a good solid power supply I cannot fault it, saying that I would like illuminated meters!