Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner
Reviews: 39MSRP: 359
Description:
The LDG AT-600Pro Memory Autotuner is another great LDG product!
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
25394.1
W5IDX Rating: 2019-11-05
AT-600 PRO-II In Use for 3 Plus Years (Awesome) Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had several LDG Tuners over the years. All were used mobile on a IC-706 MKII then a IC-7000. They worked but I was not overly impressed with their operation. In a mobile sometimes the SWR changes because the wind moves the antenna around and the tuners would start trying to retune. In all fairness it was not the tuners fault. Just the nature of the beast. It did allow me to extend the operating range of my Hamsticks. Now moving to the AT-600 Pro II. I was on the fence about buying one but wanted something faster than my roller inductor tuner. and that interfaced with the Icom tuner button on the radio. I came across a gentleman at a hamfest whom was selling a brand new one with the External Meter. The price was fair. I purchased it, Installed it on my 756 Pro-II and Ameritron ALS-600 with the appropriate interconnect cabling.
WOW, This thing was absolutely amazing. After it memorized some areas of the bands where the antennas were not as resonate it was lightning fast. It operates in the background and 100 percent reliable. It operates 160 thru 6 Meters.
I have replaced the Pro-II with a IC-7600 and the tuner still shines unbelievably well.
I honestly wish I had purchased this sooner.
If you are like me; "on the fence". I think you will feel the same as me.

The only disappointment was to learn that it's only rated at 250 watts on 6 meters. And I believe the 1000 watt model is also only rated for 250 watts on 6-meters? The information regarding the limited power handling on 6 was not so readily available in any of the advertising or brochures. But buried in the manual.

Even with that, I am very pleased with this tuner and would never hesitate recommending it to anyone else.
W5IDX
KN8B Rating: 2019-07-26
Works Well Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I see a lot of negative reviews, but my experience has been great. It is true that you have to know what you are doing to successfully use this, or any,
automatic tuner. You can't just skip the directions because with many functions and limited buttons you have to use the correct settings to get your desired results. How do I know this? I skipped the directions and had early negative feelings too. Once I decided to read the "book" it works great. Just as it claims. 73
K7FD Rating: 2018-11-19
...but you can't tune a fish Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
As luck would have it, my initial time with the LDG AT-600 Pro II was plagued with a bit of operator error. For some reason I got it in my head that 25 watts was adequate for the auto tuner to find a match. After reading the manual numerous times to find out why match settings were not being saved to memory, I discovered 50 watts did the trick. Apparently the SWR mismatch rollback on the Icom 7300 and 7610 is aggressive and the AT-600 requires a bit more ooompf to kick the frequency counter circuitry into gear. This is pointed out in the manual but somehow I missed it. But all is OK now and the auto tuner works as advertised.

Speaking of advertising, the LDG magazine ads give the impression of 'built in America' when in reality the AT-600 Pro II says Made in Taiwan on the back panel. In any event, it appears very well made and I'm happy with it...

73 John K7FD
WA7NDD Rating: 2017-03-03
No problems after 6 years Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Have owned the AT-600PRO for 6 years purchased new. Run a 600 watt amp at 500 through the AT-600, always worked on my two Windom antennas and my STepIR beam. I can tune the beam for zero SWR and that is what the AT-600 also shows, so it seems to be accurate when tuning.I've had many different antennas up and it tuned them all just fine.
G4YKB Rating: 2017-03-02
LDG AT PRO11 Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Bought this off Ebay for a very good price . The ATU has worked brilliantly since I installed it. I had a bad experience with a LDG at100 and I swore I would never buy an LDG product again however I took a gamble and bought this one ,glad I did if you know what you are doing it's a great piece of kit
K2GT Rating: 2016-07-05
Totally Unreliable Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have both the PRO and PROII at 2 different locations. Both work fine when they work, but then for some reason it stops working and although it tunes, you can hardly hear the stations. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot the power. To me intermittent reliability just doesn't cut it.
W2NER Rating: 2015-12-07
LDG AT-600Proii no tune Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I'm having the same problem with it as M0AFJ, it will not tune a 160 dipole which from the start only has a 2.5:1 SWR. My manual tuner has no problems at all, matter of fact my Z-100 tuner had no problems. I only went to the 600 to give it some room as I heard the 100 watt version don't last long with a 100 watt rig. What a mistake, should have kept the Z-100.
M0AFJ Rating: 2015-10-06
Dissapointed Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought this tuner to make a fast tuning 300W system, unfortunately the AT-600 Pro was unable to tune am 80M OCFD which other tuners had no problem with. After a lot of swearing I sent it back to the dealer who replaced it with no argument (Thanks ML and S) with a manual Palstar 600W tuner which works fine.
A shame because my low power LDG will tune anything..
KF5HVW Rating: 2015-03-11
Excellent Tuner Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have used this tuner for years as an external tuner for my ICOM 7000, ICOM 7410 and Elecraft K3.
It is superior to the internal radio tuners.
I required service on one of the two units and I rate my service experince a 10/10.
Documentation is adequate.
AB1XG Rating: 2015-03-06
Never A Problem Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I've owned LDG autotuners since I bought a new AT-11MP. After that I purchased a AT-200PRO (not PRO2). I changed to a AT-600PRO2 due to increased power out at in my shack.

I've never had a problem with this current tuner nor any of the other LDG tuners I've owned. As long as you're not being ridiculous at what you throw at it, it will tune it.

If there were any fault with this tuner, it would be that it will tune antennas that you won't get out on, ie, tuning a 40 meter antenna for 160.

LDG autotuners will be my first choice if I ever have to upgrade in the future.