Manager

Review Summary For : Daiwa PS-304
Reviews: 9MSRP:
Description:
30 AMP LINEAR POWER SUPPLY
Product is not in production
More Info: http://
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
PA4URK Rating: 2018-12-15
Indeed solid like a rock! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I am the (first) owner of this Daiwa PS-304 since about twenty years and never had any problem with this superb power supply. Only the last six months there is a little mechanical hum from the transformer but this is not realy annoying. A nice equipment in my shack! Rein, PA4URK.
N2MIG Rating: 2018-10-12
Solid as a rock Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have owned this power supply for 25 years and encountered my first (and only) problem last week.
The illuminated power switch failed.
Installed a new illuminated 120V switch and 20 min later up and running as if nothing happened.
25 years..thats what I call dependable.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by N2MIG on 2017-04-28

I bought this Daiwa PS-304 twenty five years ago.
It is a flawless work horse. It has been running 24/7 all these years and the only time I opened it up (10 years ago) was to replace the power switch and tighten a binding post. Can't ask for better then that. It runs a little warm but it does not get hot. 1 inch air space around the unit, more than adaquate.
W8VKD Rating: 2014-12-21
Have 2 for over 20 years Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I got one of these years ago after getting rid of an Astron due to transformer hum issues. It has been my mainstay PS for over 20 years. I liked it so well I bought a "basket case" unit at the Toledo swap years ago. Replaced a couple of burned resistors and a transistor in that one and I used it for running VHF/UHF brick amps on 2meters and 432mhz. Yes, they run warm but a little ventilation keeps them running just fine. It's the best return on investment in the shack.
N8YQX Rating: 2014-05-17
Solid power supply Time Owned: more than 12 months.
This review is for the Daiwa PS-304II.

I've had this power supply for 20+ years, and has been my main power supply for my entire ham life.

It does run hot when I drive it hard with digital modes, but it keeps on working.

After many years, Volt/Amp switch did start acting up, but it was fixed when I cleaned the inside of the power supply with compressed air.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the power supply.
G7JZD Rating: 2013-10-05
Brilliant Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had this Power Supply for over 25 years now, and the only problem i have had was like some others, the power switch needed replacing after about 5 years, but no problem as it is a standard size, and easy to replace.
Mine never gets hot, warm but not hot, and running it with the transmitter at 95 watts, drawing about 20 amps.But it does have free air circulating all around it.

Mike G7JZD
ON4BHQ Rating: 2013-06-22
SOLID TANK Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Have this one in use for about 25 yrs. As it gets hot, I built in an automatic cooling fan. Had to replace the mainswitch after 20 years, so what? Just a great power supply and always repairable in all times. You cannot say this about a switching supply!

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by ON4BHQ on 2010-07-25

I own this one for about 15 years now.
Never had any problem, however it can get very hot.
So I built in a thermal switched cooling fan, just to be sure.
ON9CC Rating: 2012-08-26
Reliable power. Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Bought mine new some 20 years ago or so (early 90's). After a couple of years the on/off switch came apart and I replaced it with a look alike. Besides that never any issues. No hum. Can just get very hot, but I use a small fan to cool it when needed.
K5YZS Rating: 2011-06-11
Super: Older RS-300 Time Owned: more than 12 months.
My Daiwa RS-300 predates the PS-304 and is over 25 years old and built like a tank. I did set a cooling fan behind rear for extra cooling as heat sink does get quite warm. In early 2010 I had to replace the rocker on/off switch that finally came apart in pieces after many years. Great job Daiwa. 73 Jim retired engineer K5YZS
2E0RDO Rating: 2010-07-25
Very Reliable Power Supply Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
An excellent linear power supply, i have found it to be most reliable, no noisy fans either, just a nice big heat sink on the rear.