Manager

Description:
The ARS-USB is the easiest and highest performance Universal Rotor
Interface
for handling any Antenna Rotor (Azimuth & Elevation). You'll be able to
control your Antenna Rotor from your computer (local or remotely).
Also you can use it as a replacement of the original rotor controller.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.ea4tx.com
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
15674.9
EA7AJV Rating: 2019-10-11
Ea4tx ars-usb Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Compre el interfaz en el 2014 a ea4tx ars/usb para un yaesu g 1000 y la verdad que Pablo fue un gran apoyo y ayuda a la hora de conectarlo al conexionado y al PC y hasta el día de hoy 0 problema funcionando como el primer día y hace unos días decidí ir a hacerme de la raspberry de Pablo para hacer el conexionado remoto tuve algunas dudas a la hora de conectarlo pero como siempre Pablo estuvo ahí echándome una manilla hasta que lo dejamos funcionando tanto el interfaz son de buena calidad y lo más importante es el buen soporte técnico a la hora de resolver dudas
PD3DMN Rating: 2019-02-11
Great USB controller Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
In februari 2019 i bought a EA4TX ARS/USB controller for my Yaesu G-450c rotator.At first i couldn´t synchronise the controller with the indicator of my rotator,trying it for almost 2 days.So i emailed Pablo,EA4TX,for some information how to synchronise the whole thing.
After a couple of hours i get an email back from Pablo with some excellent information and now it´s working perfectly.
I recommend this product to all hams,who want to use this for his rotator on their pc with the ARSVCOM software.
Don´t hesitate to contact Pablo if you have a problem/question with the EA4TX Antenne Rotator System.

@Pablo EA4TX:keep up the good work.

Regards Danny PD3DMN
F8DBY Rating: 2018-12-02
Outstanding support ! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought my ARS RCI-SE interface from Pablo EA4TX in 2002, and used it back then extensively for satellite operations, with ARSWIN and Windows XP. Unfortunately I had to QRT a few years later, for professional reasons, but with my retirement I am now again setting up my ham radio station.

I initially ran into difficulties using my old RCI-SE interface under Windows 7, so I wrote to Pablo to see what I could do and if there was any way which would allow me to still use it. Pablo wrote back immediately and provided detailed support on how to set up the system, trying to get it to work, providing support 16 years (!) after my purchase - absolutely outstanding !

My rotor control is now again working flawlessly, Yaesu G5500 azimuth/elevation, with the RCI-SE and Windows 7, and the PCSat32 tracking software.

If you are looking for a quality rotor control system, with excellent product support, I will wholeheartedly recommend the ARS from Pablo EA4TX.
W8TN Rating: 2017-11-14
Fantastic Support and a Great Product Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
I recently decided to get back into Moon-Bounce (EME) and wanted to have some way to automatically keep the antennas pointed at the moon. After researching the available options, I became convinced that the EA4TX ARS-USB (Antenna Rotator System) would handle that job for a very economical price. I was using a Yaesu G-800DXA rotor for azimuth and a Yaesu G-550 elevation rotor.

I purchased from EA4TX the cable to interconnect to the G-800DXA at the time I bought the ARS-USB. The cable arrived already wired into the ARS-USB (to my surprise) so it just needed to be plugged into the Yaesu control box. I also decided to purchase the Inclinometer from EA4TX to simplify my elevation readings. That was a great decision. Interfacing the inclinometer was simple and once calibrated, it reads out the elevation perfectly!

I had several questions during the installation of the ARS-USB and an email to EA4TX was always answered quickly (sometime in just minutes!) and Pablo always had the answer.

Setting up the ARS-USB is not quite Plug-and-Play in my situation but the information supplied for practically any rotor you might have was exactly what was needed. After consulting with Pablo I connected a set of switches at the base of the tower so that I could control the UP/DOWN and EAST/WEST turning of the antennas while I watched them. This was a fantastic idea and makes the system so easy to use now. I can move the antennas outside and not hit any obstructions. A great idea!

Now that I am operational on 2-M EME, I can't believe how awesome it is to have the ARS-USB constantly turning the rotors to keep the antennas pointed at the moon. EA4TX supplied a driver for my computer to allow my MoonSked program to communicate with the ARS-USB. My EME station (although rather small) makes me feel like I'm driving a most expensive luxury automobile that does the driving for me!

I can not say enough about how well this product works and most important, the quick answers to any of my questions from Pablo, EA4TX. If my ARS-USB was struck by lightning tonight, I would order another one tomorrow without any hesitation. I'm just sorry that I can't give a rating of 10/5!
EA5BZ Rating: 2017-08-16
Excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Using ARS-USB with Yaesu 450 and 800.
Really GREAT.
Now i have updated rotators :-)
Also great support from pablo EA4TX.
EA7KW Rating: 2017-06-13
Superb rotator controller Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have just hooked my old Hy-Gain T2X rotator to EA4TX's ARS-USB controller. I'm very happy with it and, although it's been in the market for quite few years, I'd like to make a short review.

ARS-USB can be used with almost any rotator, old or new model, replacing your old control box. Another version has elevation control, not mine. Manuals are easy to read and they have the specific details needed for each rotator.
You can play with the box moving manually the antennas direction with buttons or using the preset memory. If you want to use the computer to turn your antennas ARSVCOM Windows software can be used as well in the same way as the control box.
It can be interfaced with the most popular logging and contest programs, just click on the DX spot and the antennas will point to it.

The azimuth pot on HAM IV/T2X is far from being linear. With to the ARSCONF program you can adjust the offsets every 20 degrees. Thanks to this feature my T2X now points to the real direction matching with the digital reading on both ARSVCOM and ARS-USB LCD display.
Another issue in the HAM IV/T2X is that the break solenoid fails to release from the gearwheel, specially in a windy day, so you need to push the brake button and swing briefly to one direction and the other to brake free the wedge from the wheel. This device can be configured to do it automatically, just check the proper box in the setup. The manufacturer of these Hy-Gain rotators recommends that after the brake is disengage and antennas are rotated you must keep the button pressed for some seconds until the aerials stop swinging. This has also been taken care in the setup.
Almost forgot to say that ARSVCOM can also be use to control the rotator remotely. The company owner is easy to reach and ready to solve any doubts you may have.

José, EA7KW
G7GQW Rating: 2016-11-19
Excellent hardware and support Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
After checking out other interfaces I decided that this one has the features I need and after owning it for about a month and running it 24hrs a day I can say that I am well pleased.I use the ARS-USB connected to Wxtrack and SDR# and my old Yaesu G-5500 rotator controller.Very easy to set up and use. I asked Pablo if it was possible to add a"rotor update limiter" to ARSVCOM to stop unnecessary wear and tear on the rotor and within a very short time he had done it!! I can't remember when I have had such a fast response.It works perfectly on my Win10/64bit system.I also bought the unit because of it's ease of connection to different types of rotors as I intend to retire the G-5500 and change to a 12vDC system using the ARS-USB onboard relays.I would recommend Pablo and the ARS-USB,you won't be disappointed.
W7QL Rating: 2016-08-21
Great Support! Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I read several reviews of the ARS-USB before purchasing, and can verify that the comments about great support are true! Pablo responds quickly to questions. More importantly, after owning the unit for several months I noticed an anomalous condition in my setup. Pablo verified that it was a bug, within a few hours of my message. Then produced a fully functional firmware upgrade within 45 minutes! Unbelieveable!

The product looks good and works well. I especially like the styling, the USB interface to my computer and the smooth integration with SatPC32.

Excellent work, Pablo!
K6HR Rating: 2016-07-12
Outstanding Support! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I had an old G-800SDX for AZ, and then I bought an even older Kenpro KR-500 elevation rotor. It looked like the ARS-USB-AE was the best solution to get these old rotors working together for az/el. I had a few questions during the installation and Pablo, EA4TX was quick to reply with a solution each time! This is a great product with top-class support. Works flawlessly with Sat32PC. Highly recommended!
KY5Q Rating: 2016-04-28
Great Hardware and Support Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I recently bought the EA4TX ARS USB interface to automate my AZ_EL tracking with the Yeasu G-5500 Rotor System. I had a a lot of questions along the way and Pablo provided great technical support, even close to 23:00 PM his time - way above the call of duty. He answered email questions as well as remote computer support so that he could poke around and look at my installation. We got everything running as expected ans it works flawlessly. I give Pablo an A+ for putting up with me as I came up the learning curve. Thanks for all the help. Bill, KY5Q