Manager

eMail Subscription

Review Summary For : Astron VS-20M
Reviews: 2MSRP: 160
Description:
20 amp peak, 16 amp continuous power supply. It is essentially the tried-and-true Astron RS-20M with two controls for voltage and current.
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.astroncorp.com/linear.shtml
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
W4KVW Rating: 2014-11-13
GREAT Power Supply! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Picked this power supply up from a SK Estate at a local Hamfest for just $10.I thought maybe it would not work because of the low price but it works like a champ.I replaced the rubber feet on the bottom & now use this as my work bench power supply.I added a digital voltage meter (kept the analog meters as well)just for a more precise number & think it's for sure a keeper even without the digital readout I added.As usual I would expect nothing less than GREAT from an ASTRON Power Supply & that's just what I got.ASTRON we have a WINNER! {:>)
K7TCE Rating: 2011-02-24
Solid depenpendable performer Time Owned: more than 12 months.
The Astron VS-20M is essentially an adjustable RS-20M. The VS version has two front-panel meters and two controls: current and voltage. This is useful for bench work, as you can change voltage from about 1.5 to 14.8 volts, and limit current from milliamps to the maximum rated. Pros: Quiet, no RFI, metered, adjustable. Con: meters are not illuminated. Like most heavy iron Astrons, this one just keeps running.