Manager

Reviews: 5MSRP: 120
Description:
Input Voltage: 110 VAC
Output Voltage: 9-15 VDC adjustable or 13.8 VDC fixed
Output Current: 25 A continuous, 30 A surge.
Output Voltage Regulation: Less that 2%
Ripple: Less that 80mV p-p at rated load.
DC Connectors: 10 A cigarette lighter plug (front), 3 A snap
terminals (front), 30 A five-way binding post (back).
Controls: Voltage/Amperage meter switch (front), power
switch (front), Noise Offset control (front), Variable/13.8V
Fixed voltage switch (back)
Weight: 2.3 kg / 5 lbs
Dimensions: 190mm W x 69mm H x 181mm D (7.5 in x 2.7 in x
7.1 in)
Product is in production
More Info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamps/5586.html
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
0053.8
WD1W Rating: 2014-11-15
Lasted 3 Hours ... Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I bought this unit 4 years ago (on looks alone) but never used it. Set it up today and it lasted 3 hours ... then SNAP, CRACK, and SIZZLE. It's dead. Radio (TS-570) survived but a Jetstream power / SWR meter didn't. Replaced it with an Alinco. I'm not happy!
KA7NIQ Rating: 2014-01-23
What More Could You Ask For ? Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought my first switching supply, and it turned out to be powerful, but a POS otherwise. It was full of Birdies. Here is my review of it http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/9398
This sort of soured me on switching supplies, and I was using an old conventional 20 amp supply, until it started to sag so badly, I had to reduce power to 20 watts!

That sent me shopping for a new power supply, and I came across this one. I liked the fact it has a knob you can adjust to tune out birdies and noise.
Cheap Ham was out of them, so I ordered mine from Radio-Mart.
It arrived in 3 days, and as soon as I installed it, I went "birdie hunting", band by band, with my coax unplugged from the Kenwood TS 850.
I could not find ANY birdies, on any Ham Band.
This kind of pissed me off a little, cause I wanted to see how effective the noise adjust knob was, LOL

I have only had this little thing a week, but it is an awesome power supply.
It is a nice looking little bastard too, and the large meter shows both amps or volts.
There is a little fan noise, but not bad.
Besides, when the Commander HF 2500 is on, all I hear is it anyway.

I paid 69.95 for it, and it was 84.00 with shipping. If it breaks, you can bet I will come back and update everyone.
But for now, I am a happy camper!

WD0FIA Rating: 2013-10-29
Very quiet unit. Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I have used this power supply for 3 months, and can rate it based on it's performance with FT-950 I use on voice, and FT-450 I use on digital. With this being a switching power supply, I expected to hear some birdies on the HF frequencies, but I have never found them. I've been listening and working stations on 40m, 20m, 17m, and 15m and those bands have sounded clean with no noise from the power supply. I am pleased with this power supply.
JGROVE Rating: 2012-10-18
Great apart from the Fan Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I may have a faulty unit, my fan runs at full speed all the time! Apart from that the PSU is superb, very well made. Compact and with a fixed output for radios, a CLA at the front and 3A terminals. What more do you want, er a quiet fan please!
WA5DA Rating: 2011-07-31
Works good on HF too Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
This is a follow-up to my first review. I now have an HF rig on the air hooked up to this power supply and can rate it based on it's performance with an HF rig (a Yaesu FT-857D). With this being a switching power supply, I expected to hear some birdies on the HF frequencies, necessitating the need to use the "Noise Offset" control. I have yet to find the need to use the noise offset. I've been listening and working stations on 40m, 20m, 17m, and 15m and those bands have sounded clean with absolutely no noise from the power supply. Very pleased with this versatile power supply so far.

----------------------
Earlier 5-star review posted by WA5DA on 2011-03-12

This power supply is another look-alike of the Alinco DM-330, for a cheaper price. It also looks almost exactly like the Jetstream JTPS30M, but this one has a noise offset control which is why I went with this unit instead. Retailers show that the brand name is "QJE" but the unit itself just shows "Dx". So far it has been working great for my 2m and 70cm rigs, no noise from the power supply at these frequencies. I've pulled as much as 15A through this unit with my 2m rig and it handles it with no problems. I don't have an HF rig yet, so I couldn't say how noisy it is on HF frequencies. But I wanted to have enough headroom on the amperage rating for future upgrades.