Manager

More Info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/index.asp
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
44.81324.9
K0AU Rating: 2019-10-20
RS60CF Great Headset Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Daily headset for 5 years. Great receive audio and audio reports. More important: comfortable to wear all night for a contest. Dave's support is outstanding.
VE9VIC Rating: 2019-09-23
heavy Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
just got my RS20S-DDE Deluxe dream edition, I was using my Sennheiser 595 for a few years and wanted to see if I could get less noise with a amateur radio headset,because the Sennheiser are made for music, well no the RS20S are not better for the noise and they are heavier than my Sennheiser,both are the same for weak signal and noise, I could wear the Sennheiser all day long ,they are very light,the RS20S has a better exterior noise protection than my Sennheiser,because they cover the ears and the Sennheiser are more over the ears, but it not a problem here as my radio room is very quiet. Another thing about the RS20S is the cord that is a little short,two more feet would be nice here. I gave it a 4 because they are as good as my Sennheiser that cost double the price if not more,I still prefer the Sennheiser 595 for long period of time listening to dx.
KL4QG Rating: 2019-08-14
Best Headset /Mic made Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have two behind ear hearing aids -80 % and 85% hearing lost-63 Doctor tell me 3-5 years I’ll be deaf nerve damage for chicken pots-
RadioSport lets me use my spec aids and hear very clear -
First headset let me do that and no RFI running 1500 watts with my Flex 6400M
Owner also answering phone and helps with questions very honest answers
If you want best than buy RadioSport -Anyone with hearing problems he designed these work with Hearing Aid and u can pump extra volume to hear great-
Feel Free email me
Joe
Bethel Alaska
KE8ILV Rating: 2019-06-06
Best headset I've ever used. Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
I've used a lot of high-end headsets (David Clark, Sennheiser, Koss, Bose, Heil, Telex) for a lot of applications (aviation, industrial, pro audio) in a lot of environments (cockpit, jet engine test facility, steel mill, laboratory, music studio). The radiosport RS20S stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the best of them. The RS20S has it all: robust construction, excellent fit and finish, long-use comfort, effective ambient noise isolation, and high-intelligibility audio. It has reasonable weight (18.6oz) for a full-sized over-the-ear set, and the large headband pad and gel earpads spread the weight out effectively. And the combination of stereo, 6kHz response, and low impedance in a listen-only configuration isn't to be found on any other set - that I could find anyway. The removable (and replacable) cord, headband pad, and earpad covers are also great features. The RS20S is the last communicaions headset I'll ever need.
KF6BKH Rating: 2019-03-14
Great Headset Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I bought these to go with my Omni 7 for contesting but I have received so many good audio reports I now use these for every day use. The comfort and fit and finish is top notch. The only bad thing I can think of is the high price but if these last me as long as my old headset did then its is not a bad deal.
VK5ISO Rating: 2019-02-12
Updated review: problem solved. Great company to deal with! Time Owned: more than 12 months.
After reading my mildly negative review of Feb 25, 2018, in which I mentioned repeated problems with the headband coming loose, Dave Bottom, WI6R, founder of Radiosport contacted me by email and told me that he had become aware of the issue and that his team had redesigned the headband cover.
Dave very kindly proposed to send me the new headband cover for free (even thought my warrantee had long since lapsed), as long as I would cover postage to Australia.
I have just received the new headband cover and it has completely changed my experience of this headset, which I use everyday for CW. I cannot recommend it too highly in the light of its superb build-quality and the remarkable company ethics evinced by Dave and Arlan Communications which are in keeping with what amateur radio is all about!
N6MWA Rating: 2018-10-28
RS20CR Time Owned: 3 to 6 months.
The quality, comfort and audio characteristics are simply the best I have encountered at any price level for a communications headset. What really makes these headphones special is the build quality. This is a product you can buy once and depend on it over time unlike some other "premium" products which have the unfortunate tendency to literally fall apart. A great product!!
NQ5T Rating: 2018-07-29
Outstanding ++ Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Recently received the RS60CF. It's a great headset. Took me a long time to decide to take the plunge .. and I'm glad I did.

I had read reviews of how "heavy" they are. They may be heavier than average in the hand, perhaps, but not heavy on the head at all. Very comfortable — spent several days operating with them nearly all day, and they were as comfortable at the end of the day as they were in the morning. More comfortable than even much more expensive hi-end audiophile headsets I use for music listening.

Build quality is superb. Everything about them is just … superb. Yes, they cost more than a CM500. And yes, you get what you pay for — in either case.

Next stop is an RS50SL for lightweight travel …
KK4WL Rating: 2018-07-16
RadioSport RS60CF-DDE/M350-ADJ Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
This is a great headset. I have always used headsets
and have tried 4 on in the last 6 months. Some ok but none great until this one.
I tried a heil pro7 for Icom and never could get the rf out of the audio. The price is crazy but after using other headsets I believe this is the best deal. I am using it on a Icom IC7610 and could not be happier. Great TX and RX audio. Dave is the best to deal with. I only gave it a 5 but it is really a 10. 73
W7BV Rating: 2018-02-25
RS60CF and new RS50SL both excellant Time Owned: more than 12 months.
After several years of using the RS60CF deluxe flex-boom mic, stereo headset, I am still very impressed by the excellent audio and construction quality, external noise reduction, and comfort this headset provides even after several hours on my head operating my Elecraft K3. More recently, I purchased the new, lightweight RS50SL flex-boom mic, stereo headset for use with my KX2 and KX3. I'm equally as impressed with it as I am with its big brother. As a plus, its optional carrying case has room to carry my KX2 along with the headphones making a compact package for travel! These Radiosport headsets are by far my favorites of the many high-end ones that I have used in the past for amateur radio operations. Finally, the responsive service Dave provides is terrific.