Manager

More Info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/index.asp
# last 180 days Avg. Rating last 180 days Total reviews Avg. overall rating
44.81324.9
WA4KCN Rating: 2014-12-16
Excellent Headset Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have been using my Radiosport Headset for several weeks and would not change anything. The Headphones are very comfortable and effective at noise cancelling. The microphone with its high Z transformer gets excellent results and compliments when used with my vintage gear including a Drake TR-4, Collins S Line, Kenwood TS-520 and others. Anyone looking for a Headphone and Boom-mic Headset for vintage gear, this one I highly recommend!
N6OIL Rating: 2014-12-13
RC60CF Great Headset Time Owned: 6 to 12 months.
So after about 9 months using this headset on my little pistol station this thing will bust pileups. I run barefoot on a IC-718. I have the adjustable mic element installed. Dave is great to work with, just yesterday my headset had no audio output, contacted Dave and he is mailing out a replacement, now that awesome service.
NU6I Rating: 2014-12-06
RC60 the best headset Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Rarely I write reviews but this one deserves it.
I don't have a loud voice, not deep and not high what you can call
a voice that is not ideal for radio.
I own several headsets and microphones from Heil and others
but none gave me that modulation I needed to get through.
After reading the comments for the RC60 in an article I read the
reviews here on eHam and decided to order a RC60. As they have
several different mikes available I called for advise and Dave helped
me to make the right choice. The package was here in 2 days.
I have been using it for a few weeks. Did some tests on the air
comparing the different mikes and the RC60 is a distant winner.
No more complains that my audio is not strong enough, that it
is difficult to copy me because of my audio. That feels good.
The radio I use is a KX3 and I run only QRP so modulation quality
is very important.
The headset is on the heavy side but not uncomfortable.
Kind of expensive but worth every penny.
K6CTW Rating: 2014-11-27
Excellent Time Owned: more than 12 months.
After the superb results I have had with their low impedance phones, I just had to try the 600 ohm headset for by boatanchor receives. WOW! Listening on the Drake 2-B and R-4A is really a pleasure. No hum (like with the low impedance phones) and they are so comfortable, and the outside sounds are so muted I many times forget I'm wearing them.

I've heartily recommended Radiosport products whenever I've been asked about headphones.
WN6F Rating: 2014-11-02
Expensive but NO regrets! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I have no buyers-remorse with my RS20S "dream" edition rx-only headsets. (gel padding and washable covers)

I can't say much more than what has already been presented here, but love the 32 ohm input impedance, as this tends to provide a nice, but not heavy load on most of the audio amps in my rigs. The 6K rolloff and "sound" of the chamber peaks cw and ssb very nicely. I find I don't need to run the audio gain so high like I do with other headphones, and this adds to reducing listener fatigue.

I was very happy to discover that for cw, I can really tweak the audio on the rig to low bass frequencies, and pick up recoverable audio that way, instead of using a higher pitched super-narrow bandwidth on the edge of ringing. Nice to have that option with these headphones.

The Radiosport headphones have now become the standard from which I judge all the others in my collection. About the only thing that will beat them are some $1K Lightspeed Zulu aircraft headsets with ANR, which is overkill for most amateur radio applications.
G4ELI Rating: 2014-10-22
Excellent Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
Absolutely fabulous. I cannot praise the build quality and audio quality of this headset enough. Bought from and recommended by Martin Lynch (UK), I needed a headset to cut out the noise from fans and 'stuff' in the shack. I would buy again without a moment's hesitation.
ZS5J Rating: 2014-10-15
Quality headset Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
I am in the UK at the moment on vacation, and decided to buy the RS60CF from Martin Lynch and sons in London - decision based purely after having read the glowing reports here on eBay.

Everything that has been written about this headset is accurate and true. This is a quality headset, well engineered and will last a long long time. I have owned about 3 or 4 Heil headsets in the past, and they do not come anywhere close in comparison - very plastic....you can feel the quality lacking. The Heil headsets need to be treated really carefully, one of mine broke (boom snapped off) within a week of owning it.

This is an expensive headset - but you pay for quality. Ultimately, the higher price paid for one of these units, will be a saving, as it will likely last a lifetime.

I connected it up to a friends Flex-3000 this afternoon, setup the various levels in the audio chain, and consistently got good reports, using the standard dynamic microphone element. RX audio is superb, with the isolation and comfortable with the gel pads covered by removable cloth covers as standard.

John, ZS5J
K6RIM Rating: 2014-10-13
Last Headset Time Owned: more than 12 months.
Have used Heil headsets for years, and was pretty satisfied with the Pro Set Plus. But I scratched the radio itch and purchased the Radiosport.

As others have noted, the Radiosport is fairly heavy (heavier than the Heil), but its design makes it surprisingly comfortable, even over a long period of contest operation.

Its quality is by far the best I've seen. And it's built like a battleship. This one isn't likely to break or ever need repair.

Sound quality is excellent on both RX and TX.

Although it's not advertised as a noise-cancelling headset, the Radiosport does a great job of blocking out all sounds except those coming from your radio.

This headset is pricey, but the quality is superb and likely is the last headset you'll ever need.

Highly recommended.

KK6OBB Rating: 2014-10-12
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time Owned: 0 to 3 months.
These Headphones are the best! They are good for ham radio and computers (plug in) I use them mostly for computers and this should also be sold as just headphone they are great! I can hear stuff i never heard on my other $500 headphones!

Very good and I strongly recommend them
K4NNL Rating: 2014-10-08
RS20S Excellent Headset Time Owned: more than 12 months.
I have had the RS20S headset for over a year now and must admit that it is the best headset I have used with my station. My hearing has failed over the years due to work and my time in service.

The RS20S helps me pull out the weak DX stations and as many have stated in other reviews is a must for CW operations.

At first, I thought the weight would be a problem. After getting the headset adjusted, I have used them for several hours with no discomfort.

Most of what I have to say has been said prior. If you are looking for a great headset, well constructed look no further as the RS20S is top shelve in my book.